Rathbone Place, London
Salary; Competitive + bonus & excellent benefits
The role will report to Product Technology Manager within Devices team.
The Devices team is an enthusiastic team of programme managers and technologists responsible for the specification, development, evaluation, testing, trialling and deployment of connected home devices. We are looking for a Test Manager to join the team and take a lead role in managing the Devices testing team’s and executing firmware test plans across a range of Connected Home products.
What will you be up to;
- Creating Test plans, directing the test team, allocating resource and ensuring correct roles and responsibilities and Perform regression tests
- Working with product managers, software developers (onsite and offsite) to get requirements clarified and tested
- Being the point of escalation with the test team
- Holding technical review meeting to sign off firmware releases
- Maintaining and developing Automation Test Framework
- Working with internal and external test teams
- Definition and development of testing best practises
- Ensuring the team have the right processes and tooling to complete the job
- Managing the team from headcount and budget perspective
- Effectively follow the software development life cycle
- Communicate effectively with Development & Test Leads and Managers
- Working knowledge of Agile/Scrum
- Experience of managing multiple projects
- Develop and maintain automated test scripts where appropriate
To be brilliant in this role you will have/be;
- Experience in functional, regression and automated testing (Selenium Webdriver, Python)
- Experience in UAT management, script writing and defect management
- Experience working with multiple front end channels and back end systems
- Good understanding of Zigbee/Z-Wave technology, development, standards and practises and how best to test them
- Experience leading a test team and in prioritising, planning, organising and delegating work in a faced paced environment
- Experience in using Test management tools Jira, Testrail,
- Takes ownership and is a self-starter
- Strong troubleshooting skills and able to unblock technical, environmental or resource issues to keep testing on track
- Exposure to and understanding of various testing techniques and tools
Hi, I’m Carla (email@example.com) the Resourcing Partner for Connected home. I’m excited to learn about your background and how you can become part of our market leading team in Connected home.
We’re the team behind Hive Active Heating. Set up by British Gas in 2012, we were given a simple mission: to make the connected home a reality for everyone. We’re here to give you more control over their lives and homes and we’re passionate about providing technology products and services that let our customers control and connect with their homes wherever they are.
We launched our brand Hive, by British Gas in September 2013 along with our first product Hive Active Heating which lets you control your heating and hot water from your mobile, tablet or laptop. We’ve also launched MyEnergy, a product that provides customers with helpful insight into their energy consumption.
Now, less than 4 years later, we’re really proud of how far we’ve come. With over 250,000 customers Hive is UK’s No.1 connected thermostat, and with our range of products and innovations we continue to go from strength to strength.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing 'Update required: Test Manager R9910821 ' in the subject title
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com