Competitive + Excellent benefits and bonus
Rathbone Place, London
Hi, we're Connected Home.
Set up by British Gas in 2012, our mission is to use technology to revolutionise the way we control our home. We have developed a range of innovative, simple to use products and services that help you connect to your home any time, anywhere.
Our brand Hive, a British Gas Innovation underlines our commitment to bring new innovative products and services to market helping make home more connected. With Hive in over 300k UK customer’s home we are now looking to expand our ecosystem, introduce subscription services and explore new territories in the US and beyond. Come and visit us at www.hivehome.com.
In a nutshell
As Commercial Manager you’re at the heart of our team, defining our British Gas channel strategy and developing new processes, channels and propositions to support business growth, whilst ensuring we achieve our commercial priorities.
So what are you accountable for?
- Responsible for the commercial performance of Hive products in British Gas sales channels. This includes strategy planning, agreeing joint business plans and day to day performance management
- Develop the pricing and go to market strategy for the Hive product pipeline to optimise profitability and growth
- Support the delivery of British Gas promotions and use analytics and insight to maximise effectiveness
- Seek new channels that present partnership opportunities for Hive and own the relationship from the initial development to channel activation
- Develop a product roadmap to support British Gas propositions and commercialising new features & services to create additional revenue streams
- Create in life customer strategy to improve engagement and encourage up sell to other Hive products and services
- Working as part of the broader Connected Home Commercial team to achieve our growth objectives
To be brilliant in this role you’re someone who:
- Has a visible passion for Connected Home technology and growing the product category
- Has experience in commercial roles in both a Corporate and Start Up environment
- Can manage multiple stakeholders to influence a successful outcome. This role will touch many stakeholders with different priorities in British Gas & Connected Home
- Is adaptable to change. This is a new and un-established role that will constantly evolve
- Operates at a strategic level. This role is about how we should be doing it, not just doing it
- Is proactive in seeking new commercial opportunities and owning their delivery
- Is commercially astute and able to use data, insight and judgement to support effective decision making
The small print:
- Based in London with travel across the UK and Staines to British Gas Head Office
We’re the team behind Hive Active Heating. Set up by British Gas in 2012, we were given a simple mission: to make the connected home a reality for everyone. We’re here to give you more control over their lives and homes and we’re passionate about providing technology products and services that let our customers control and connect with their homes wherever they are.
We launched our brand Hive, by British Gas in September 2013 along with our first product Hive Active Heating which lets you control your heating and hot water from your mobile, tablet or laptop. We’ve also launched MyEnergy, a product that provides customers with helpful insight into their energy consumption.
Now, less than 2 years later, we’re really proud of how far we’ve come. With over 150,000 customers Hive is UK’s No.1 connected thermostat, and with our range of products and innovations we continue to go from strength to strength.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button. To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing Commercial Manager R9915425 in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.