The copywriter will be responsible for creating original copy across a range of channels for all internal audiences. This role will be required to research, fact-check and create campaign messaging, internal marketing and brochure copy, video scripts, digital signage copy as well as news stories for the intranet. Additional responsibilities will include proof-reading and checking of key stakeholder materials prior to publication.
- Work with internal audiences to identify and create messaging requirements for campaigns and other internal communications activities
- Meet with key stakeholders and prepare creative briefs that clearly define their business issues and needs and support the Creative Services team in briefing these to suppliers
- Act as the internal guardian of the tone of voice and written style set for the Group and ensure consistency across all internal channels
- Research, fact-check and draft original messaging for campaign materials, corporate brochures and other internal collateral
- Assist in the writing of Group policies and other documents to ensure they are in keeping with our tone of voice
- Provide highly accurate proof-reading and editing control for key stakeholder internal documents, presentations and communications
- Brainstorm with Creative Services team, internal stakeholders and other colleagues to define core messaging for internal communications and campaigns; business narrative(s) and other
The individual will be a highly motivated self-starter with previous working experience within a recognised editorial or agency environment (journalism, corporate press centre, internal communications team or agency, etc). Strong creative portfolio that includes a range of audience appropriate content; originality; campaign work and an understanding of writing for a variety of global audiences. Outstanding editing and grammar skills essential as well as excellent proof-reading ability.
Thorough working knowledge gained in an editorial or agency environment as well as an understanding of the overall creative services process and delivery is essential. Proven experience of working to tight deadlines without compromising on accuracy and quality.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing 'Update required: Copywriter R9914572 ' in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com