Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager in Houston, this position will have responsibility for month end close, balance sheet account reconciliation preparation / review, financial reporting and analysis, and special projects with the DE Home business unit. This position will interact extensively with the offshore accounting support team based in India and various functional areas within Shared Service Center as well as collaboration with FP&A and business partners.
- Accounting degree required, CPA a plus
- 3 + years of accounting experience required.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Advanced Excel skills required.
- SAP experience and strong knowledge of financial reporting hierarchy preferred.
- Flexible operating style required, including the ability to multi-task and thrive in a dynamic and changing work environment
- Collaborate with other members of DE Home Accounting Team, offshore accounting team, Shared Service Center to complete the month-end close process in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure journal entries are reviewed and approved with adequate supports in a timely manner.
- Ensure financial reports and analytics are completed and delivered on time.
- Prepare, approve and / or review balance sheet reconciliation to identify any inherent financial statement risks and work with the management and other applicable functional areas to ensure risks are properly mitigated.
- Assist in executing all group-level key controls owned by the DEH Accounting team.
- Provide supports in Direct Energy internal / external audit process.
- Ensure objectives for special projects assigned are timely achieved.
- Participate in preparation / review of the monthly management reporting (Balance Sheet package, cash flow analysis, P&L variance analysis).
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text