Procurement Summer Intern
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
Participants will intern as a Business Analyst Intern or Procurement Specialist Intern where they will gain a better understanding of Direct Energy business and learn more about its people and culture. This opportunity will offer career development through experiential learning, training and networking opportunities. This will empower associates early in their careers to manage their professional development, realize their potential, and maximize their contributions to Direct Energy.
Functions supported within Global Supply Chain are sourcing and supplier management of goods and services, operations, supplier diversity & development, analytics and support services.
You will be asked to complete a variety of tasks and may work on several projects simultaneously. The position provides various supply chain analyses, internal and external market research studies, as well as data and process analysis to Procurement management and operating company Procurement Teams. Participants will have opportunities to interact with senior managers, current program members, and program alumni.
Assignments and duties are driven by organizational and business needs. Assignments could include one or more projects within the following areas:
- Buying and Expediting
- Market Intelligence
- Spend Analysis
- Material Inventory Tracking
- Direct Energy seeks talented sophomores or juniors pursuing a degree in Supply Chain Management or related field.
- Hold a 3.0 overall academic standing and career interest in Supply Chain Management
- Are open to learning and exploring a variety of Procurement/Supply Chain business areas
- Candidate must be a US citizen or permanent resident, authorized to work in the US on a permanent, full time basis without sponsorship
- Ability to work for 10 weeks during the summer
- Demonstrate analytical skills and business skills.
- Can innovate and look beyond standard practices.
Direct Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability