Financial Analyst, North America Home (Company Owned Locations)
Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
The Financial Analyst, North America Home (retail/company owned) will be responsible for financial support & analysis for the company owned retail locations. This includes the monthly forecasting of revenue, gross margin, and operating expense, support for semi-annual planning and systems loads and analysis of month end results. In addition, he/she will be responsible for maintaining and creating models and analytics to understand product margins, revenue and other key metrics associated with the business supported.
This role will require an understanding of financial, operational and strategic direction and initiatives of the business as a whole.
The role has high exposure to management and leadership throughout the organization and will be required to partner with many areas of the business including but not limited to sales, marketing, commercial, operations, accounting and portfolio management teams. Effective communication and presentation skills are critical to succeed in the role along with the ability to remain organized and multi-task to meet tight deadlines.
- Financial planning & forecasting experience is required
- Experience with financial model design and development is required
- Ability to adapt to change
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- A bachelor's degree in finance or accounting is required
- Professional certification or designation is preferred
- Working knowledge of Solomon, BOBJ, BPC, SAP and/or Microsoft Dynamics preferred
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel and Power Point
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize many tasks and responsibilities while maintaining a positive attitude
- Ability to manage and deliver against multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines
- 5+ years professional experience in a dynamic organization
- Preparation of the monthly product(s) category forecast (Latest View)
- Present the monthly and YTD results against Plan and forecast to the business leadership
- Develop and/or maintenance of financial models that support forecasting, planning and business decisions
- Ownership of the semi-annual planning process for product line(s)
- Partners with Home FP&A team to explain monthly variances to Plan and our forecast / latest view as well as key forecast and plan assumptions
- Partners with the business, HR, sales, marketing and commercial organizations to stay in tune with and support business decisions
- Partners with Home FP&A planners to understand OPEX movements, allocations and cash flow to understand P&L and cash flow
- Responsible for drafting management reporting presentations and/or presenting to leadership of the business
- Ownership of loading key financial metrics and forecasting weekly and monthly
- Provide financial project support for key initiatives and strategies within the business
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text