Energy Solutions Portfolio Manager
Centrica’s newly formed Distributed Energy and Power business has an exciting opportunity for an Energy Solutions Portfolio Manager.
The role will define the solutions which we take to customers today and those which we will take to customers in the future in the area of energy solutions.
Energy solutions includes the installation and operations and maintenance of energy generation and control equipment which may include CHP, battery storage, solar or other generation and energy efficiency technologies.
Define the customer and service experience requirements
- Create products to be sold to customers today – including the technical, commercial, proposition and marketing aspects of the products
- Create customer solutions from the products set and link to customer sectors
- Interpret customer insight and market intelligence alongside working with both external suppliers and internal teams to design and build a product road map
- Prepare concise business cases, proposals and papers to be presented to DE&P leadership to launch new products
- Ensure all new products comply with both legal and regulatory requirements
- Define pricing points to balance market share growth and profitability
Support the deployment of these products to local sales teams
- Manage a new product through the full product lifecycle working closely with commercial and delivery teams in our geographies in which they will be sold
- Input into sales enablement activities to ensure clarity on products is given to the teams who are selling them
- Provide direction to technology and commercial teams to ensure the technology and funding components are in place for the products to be delivered
- Effectively manage budgets to ensure costs are controlled
The successful applicant will have the following core competencies:
- Creative: Able to innovate and to instigate and assess new ideas
- Customer Centric: Put the customer at the heart of decision making
- Commercially minded: Able to build, assess and improve business cases and financial profiles
- Technologically astute: Knows the technology sector and the energy construction services market
- Organised: Able to coordinate and drive people to a common goal
Level of education required to carry out the role competently and effectively
- Degree level qualification in any discipline or equivalent - essential
- MBA - desirable
- Product management qualification - desirable
The successful applicant will have experience in:
- Product management: Experienced working in a product, proposition and business development environment including go-to-market principals and best practice
- Innovation: Launched products known for innovation, customer centricity and commercial growth
- Strategic planning and business case development: Experience at setting, monitoring and refining business strategy at a global scale. Strong commercial awareness and analytical skills - can identify, size and explain a business opportunity
- Project management: Creative, with strong organisational and project management skills
- B2B sales: Industry relevant experience within a B2B sales organization (e.g. telecomms, services, software)
- Customer centricity: A great understanding of how to understand and think through the customer experience in new proposition development
- Collaboration: Experience at working in multi-function teams to deliver complex solutions and influence senior level stakeholders
- Stakeholder management: Able to keep technical, commercial, finance, legal, marketing, operational teams on track with the development phases, meeting project deadlines and budgets
- Energy solutions and energy construction: Has worked in and has knowledge or expertise of energy solutions and construction
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing Energy Solutions Portfolio Manager R9909401 in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.