Centrica is changing. To combat market forces we are embarking on a large-scale transformation across our entire organisation to enable us to leverage our existing capabilities, modernise our business through digitalisation and grow internationally. Procurement is at the very heart of this and we are looking for creative, curious and ambitious individuals to become part of our team in order to propel us into the future.
Our CEO, Iain Conn, has set our newly appointed CPO, Bilal Shaykh, an exciting challenge to deliver £450m of the groups £750m cost challenge by 2020. This gives us an opportunity to truly deliver value back to the bottom line of our FTSE 100 organisation in the short-term, whilst at the same time, gaining a strategic seat at the table where we can raise our profile and look at how we move towards a reputation for value creation.
We are looking for Global Category Specialists to help deliver value to the Centrica business by working closely with the internal stakeholders and external third parties to continuously seek to improve value delivery through a framework of Category Management.
- Location: Windsor/ Staines / Leicester/ Aberdeen
- Travel will be required
- Excellent package value and benefits (depending on experience)
We are setting ourselves up for success by bringing together 7 disparate international teams and uniting them with a global framework yet maintaining that all important local delivery. Our internal team is already award-winning, which is owed to a relentless focus on the development of our people, and we are looking to extend this by finding experienced talent outside of our business who can bring their knowledge of category management, working across cultures and delivering innovation through procurement. In return, we can offer some amazing opportunities to enable you to develop your potential and fast-track your career.
End-to-end Category Management:
- Undertake (in conjunction with and or with the agreement of the appropriate Category Manager) category assessments to generate innovative opportunities and robust strategic sourcing plans. Ensures value is maximised from the contract negotiation through the whole life cycle of the category.
- Working with key internal stakeholders, manage all procurement activity across expenditure categories. This includes the creation and implementation of category plans that will ensure delivery in line with business objectives, regulatory requirements and the landing of all value negotiated
External Market Expertise:
- Understand the category and provide insight for the business on all aspects of market dynamics, regulatory framework, suppliers and technical innovations.
- Source and procure a range of goods and services across one or more expenditure categories, ensuring optimum value for money within defined service and quality criteria.
- Draft, negotiate and obtain agreement to commercial contracts ensuring that operational and commercial risks to business are fully understood and minimised.
On-going improvements & delivery of value add:
- Challenge business plans where alternate opportunities exist to deliver higher value outcomes, ensuring all options have been duly evaluated.
- Within the Category Management framework, support the Category Manager in the development, building and maintenance of supplier engagement through appraisal and performance monitoring, value analysis, continuous improvement, supplier / supply base development, compliance and demand management.
Centrica is a fantastic organisation to join and grow with. In Procurement alone we are working on developing oil wells in the North Sea, sourcing air-conditioning units, outsourcing business processes, developing novel technology platforms for the connected homes of the future and working creatively on campaigns to market well-known brands like British Gas. We are also keen on developing our top talent through international assignments to ensure we have the right pipeline of talent to continue to stretch ourselves as we mature even further.
To succeed in our team you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Degree educated or equivalent and/or appropriate experience in work experience
- Membership of CIPS (or equivalent)
- Experience of working in a global matrix organisation
- Confidence and credibility with excellent communication and relationship management skills
- Clear understanding of Category Management principles.
- Knowledge of end to end Category Management including market insight, business partnering, negotiation, on-going supplier management and governance.
- Understanding of general and contract law.
- Pro-active, flexible, resilient, motivated and results oriented.
- Evidence of managing a category through the whole life cycle, ensuring the value created in the negotiation stage hits the bottom line
- Advanced skill using MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to meet deadlines/deliver on promises.
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing Category Specialist R9909187 in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.