The field representative is responsible for visiting both commercial and residential properties. The purpose of the role is to collect outstanding debt owed to the company and secure appropriate future payment methods to prevent future debt build up, acting within industry, regulatory and company guidelines.
We are looking to recruit within the MK Postcodes.
Applicants must either reside in the postcodes stated or within a 15 minute drive to this area. Please make it clear on your application if you are willing to relocate to the area required at your own cost
- Attend Magistrates / Sheriff Courts / JP to obtain Warrant of Entry
- Execute Warrant of Entry causing minimal damage and ensuring the property is left secure on completion •Visit customers and agree appropriate resolutions based on circumstances and business needs
- Prioritise your own workload by age, geography and value to maximise efficiency and effectiveness
- Inspect pipework, meters and related fittings to identify and prevent interference and safeguard supply of gas and electricity
- Identify tampering and illegal connection
- Responsible for the prompt and safe depositing of payments collected and accurate completion of documents
- Expert knowledge of various collection techniques and understanding of industry, regulatory constraints
- Be a champion of Health and Safety and continually challenge unsafe practices and processes
- Be computer literate as the need to use field technology is essential
- To have excellent networking skills, to work across both BGR, BGB, Offshore and the wider Field
- Able to be flexible geographically and provide operational cover as specified by the Resolution Manager
- Excellent understanding of regulatory, legal and industry constraints to debt collection activity
- Ability to work with and effectively manage the performance of various third party contacts i.e. police, courts, engineers and locksmiths
- Excellent verbal, numeric and critical reasoning skills
- Ability to analyse and summarise data
- Track record of delivering results and optimising performance
- Must hold a full driving license
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing 'Update required: Field Representative R9914088' in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com