As one of the best known names in the UK energy market, British Gas UK Business supplies gas, electricity and a wide range of energy management services to over 500,000 business customers in the UK, in both the public and private sectors. We form an integral part of the Centrica Group, employing over 30,000 people in the UK and abroad and make a valuable contribution to the economy.
Working in the Flexible Contract team, we currently have a vacancy for a Contract Analyst who will be responsible for managing a number of key processes and activities throughout the lifetime of a contract.
Customers on flexible contracts account for 95,000 sites and an annual revenue of £600m, and as such, maintaining the accuracy of price production, effective communication with customers, ensuring accurate pricing and timely invoicing is extremely important to the success of British Gas and this will require continuous support from the Contract Analyst.
- Maintaining customer information
- Assist with upload of prices to the billing system in an accurate and timely manner, ready for billing
- Maintain effective communication with customers and third parties
- Ensure accurate and valid pricing for all contract periods
- Price Production (annual value £600m)
- Manage and respond to queries
- Continually improve processes, and undertake projects to improve the management of flexible products and the experience of customers with flexible products
- Form excellent working relationships with the wider commercial team as well as maintaining relations with key stakeholders from the following functions: Sales, Customer Care, Account Management, Billing and Finance. This means working closely with many different roles at all levels within the organisation through face to face, meetings and emails.
Ideally we are looking for someone who has experience in B2B energy supply or similar competitive market but you must have excellent analytical and communication skills. The following competencies are also important:
- Attention to detail
- Takes accountability for getting things done to drive the business forward and deliver on customer promises
- Organises and plans ahead
- Knowledge of SQL and VBA (preferable)
As a leader in the UK energy market, British Gas Business supplies gas and electricity to a vast range of industrial and commercial customers under the market leading British Gas brand.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document. Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing 'Update Required Contract Analyst R9914094' in the subject title.
Agencies: British Gas operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com
- Location – Oxford
- Basic Salary £22,000 - £25,000 depending on experience + benefits