Marketing Account Manager-Energy
Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com
As an Account Manager, you are responsible for supervising the day-to-day workflow of the marketing team’s support of the US Energy business, both Texas and US North under the Direct Energy, Bounce, WTU, CPL and FCP brands. You work with key stakeholders to build the integrated marketing plan as well as manage the overall marketing budget. You ensure seamless integration of planning, execution and results across the BMD team at Direct Energy within NA Home. To be successful, you must be a confident, seasoned leader with a strong marketing background.
To perform this role successfully, the individual should have a comprehensive understanding of marketing disciplines:
- 7-10 years’ experience with marketing where sales were a primary goal.
- Comfort in digital, advertising and brand management.
- Management of multi-faceted direct response marketing programs.
- Energy or similar industry marketing experience
- Strong written/oral communication skills.
- Ability to present.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to adjust to constantly changing priorities.
- Earn and keep US Energy clients’ respect and confidence as a trusted advisor bringing value to their business through a strong commitment to success, consistent performance and the ability to develop a wide range of ideas and solutions.
- Acquire in depth knowledge of, and be conversant in, the Energy business in the regions in which we compete – their key issues, competitive situation and industry trends.
- Exhibit the ability to anticipate and solve problems.
- Look for cross-sell and bundling opportunities.
- Generate enthusiasm for and commitment to the Energy business among team members. Effectively stimulate your BMD team members for maximum productivity and job satisfaction. Gain the confidence and trust of co-workers.
- Manage multiple projects.
- Ensure the highest level of professionalism is maintained on assigned work to meet and exceed the Energy Client’s expectations.
- Working with Analytics and Insight team, assure tracking is in place for programs where appropriate.
- Assure call centers locations are aware of planned marketing activity.
- Assure marketing work has been checked through Legal and Compliance.
- Help formulate marketing plan presentations pre- and post-campaigns.
- Be a seasoned presenter.
- Establish clear objectives and day-to-day priorities for yourself and the BMD team for the US Energy business.
- Maintain a professional approach at all times, especially under pressure.
- Establish rapport and trust with a broad range of team members – acknowledging the expectations of and on others, identifying team and project needs, remaining open to considering multiple points-of-view.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Establish and maintain good relations across business.
- Effectively incorporate senior business leaders from BMD and other departments as project objectives or issues warrant.
- Anticipate problems.
- Look for win-win solutions.
- Grasp the "big" picture & assure alignment with US Energy’s financial targets.
- Work with channel specialists to identify new marketing opportunities.
- Seek ways to increase efficiency and productivity of marketing spend.
- Continually look for ways to stretch your client’s dollar.
- Working with channel specialists across BMD and Sales, generate integrated omni-channel marketing plans.
- Look for innovative ways of promoting Energy, and extending message.
- Develop and demonstrate a clear, comfortable, persuasive presentation style for both formal and informal settings.
- Be willing to listen.
- Be ready to help the team when you’re needed.
- Recognize, respect and address differing opinions. Actively solicit ideas from others.
- Bring favorable closure to team issues and recommendations.
- Work synergistically with partners across the business.
- Maintain a sense of humor. Remain enthusiastic in the face of setbacks. Display passion and energy for the challenges the team faces.
- Prepare accurate and timely internal communications, creative briefs, timelines and job statuses for regular updates to BMD and Energy teams.
- Work with channel experts to develop strategic marketing plans for Energy.
- Take primary responsibility for marketing performance by acting as the final checkpoint for all channel tracking, and ensure timely issuance of reports.
- Ensure all tactics/strategies have been executed as outlined on-time and on-budget or proactively communicate any delays, changes or exceptions.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text