Business information Systems Architect
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Information Systems Architect to join our Ener-G business in Salford, Manchester.
The successful candidate will be the Manager and technical lead of the business information systems (BIS) system and team within ENER-G.
This role requires an understanding of the business strategy and all the business Information System technologies and services that support it. The role involves supervision of a technical analyst and involvement with:
- Database administration including overseeing the enhancement of future system developments, planning changes as well as troubleshooting. It includes areas like Security management and Disaster recovery plans.
- Data warehouse and report design including the implementation of staging areas and datamarts. This would also involve Data ETL (extract/Transform/Load) between operational and reporting systems and the design and implementation of Analysis Cubes and Data Mining. This would also include building and maintaining Dashboards and Standard Reports.
- IIS web administrator managing application and change management procedures. This would include managing optimization, troubleshooting and security.
- All aspects of JDE application knowledge (finance, sales, procurement, distribution, inventory and works orders.)
- An external support partner provides CNC management as part of a maintenance and support agreement.
- All aspects of SharePoint farm administration including application, services, change management, content design /templates, disaster recovery and optimization.
- Significant experience across the range of responsibilities outlined above.
- Knowledge of JDE (JD Edwards)
- Track record of managing major IT projects and teams
- Previous experience in Energy Industry is advantageous
- IT qualifications in some or all of the following: SharePoint (DMS), IIS (Web Admin), SQL Server (DBA / Reporting) with experience within some of these roles
Ideal but not essential:
- Prince 2
- TOGAF Certification
- Relationship building, Problem Solving, Innovation and networking
- Proactive self-starter with the ability to listen, question & challenge
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of stakeholders
- Demonstrates skills and knowledge in multiple business areas / industry sectors
- Strong business process knowledge, analytically minded with a strong grounding in IT technologies
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing Business information Systems Architect R9913503 in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.