Energy Costing Analyst
As one of the best known names in the UK energy market, British Gas UK Business supplies gas, electricity and a wide range of energy management services to over 500,000 business customers in the UK, in both the public and private sectors. We form an integral part of the Centrica Group, employing over 30,000 people in the UK and abroad and make a valuable contribution to the economy.
We currently have an opportunity for an Energy Costing Analyst based in our Oxford office, who will be responsible for ensuring the business is able to recover all non-commodity costs incurred in supply contracts.
The Costing Analyst must help to lead the business’ approach to achieve the full recovery of 3rd party costs and work collaboratively with other areas to ensure the business maximises these recoveries. Further accountabilities will include:
- Support the design, development & testing of new pricing methodologies and risk premiums
- To keep aware of changes in the market, competitor activity, technology advances and regulatory drivers; responding accordingly through the introduction of new or modified cost components and approaches to cost recovery
- Report on cost recovery metrics / success measures and track performance; identifying and recommending improvement actions where required.
- Provide any (non-commodity) cost components when required by UK Business.
- Resolving complex queries from Sales & Pricing.
- Conducting & interpreting reporting, both for regular MI and Ad Hoc requests
- Collaborating with other teams on system development.
We are looking for candidates who have experience of a variety of pricing or finance related roles, and ideally with experience in B2B energy supply or a similar competitive market. You should have a good understanding of risk analysis and be educated to degree level in a science / mathematical / economics discipline. We are also looking for the following skills:
- Ability to build relationships with a variety of stakeholders and to influence in a matrix environment
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Able to multi-task, to navigate complex tasks & prioritise effectively
- Self-motivated, proactive, flexible, able to work quickly & under pressure
- Logical, analytical and pragmatic approach to problem solving
As a leader in the UK energy market, British Gas Business supplies gas and electricity to a vast range of industrial and commercial customers under the market leading British Gas brand.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document. Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing 'Update Required Energy Costing Analyst R9914076' in the subject title.
Agencies: British Gas operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com
- Location – Oxford
- Salary - £28,000 - £36,000 depending on experience + benefits