Engineering Quality & Compliance Manager
This role will support the UK&I Distributed Energy business in providing clear visibility of quality assurance across the Engineering team. Four main objectives of this role are :
- Ensuring engineering and design works are compliant with all relevant codes, standards and regulations.
- Quality of engineering and design works are acceptable to industry standards.
- To ensure that the products selected in design are fit for purpose from a quality and compliance point of view, are consistent and meets both external and internal requirements. This includes legal compliance (locally and globally), H&S and customer expectations.
- Liaison with other managers and team members before, throughout and after the project to ensure that quality process an procedures applied to projects are functioning properly. Where appropriate, advice on changes and how to implement them and provide training, tools and techniques to enable others to achieve quality standards.
Regulatory Compliance & standards:
- Ensure all engineering and design work complies with all regulatory requirements for projects include distributed generations (i.e. Solar, Energy Storage, Diesel&Gas Generators, CHP, Heat Pumps, Lighting, etc).
- Ensure the business develops industry leading engineering standards.
- Liaise with procurement, technical and commercial teams to ensure all distributed generation products selected prior to design are designed and constructed to be safe, meeting the essential health and safety requirements listed in the relevant regulations.
- Develop a comprehensive codes, standards and legislative documentation approach to ensure all risks are managed and addressed.
- Responsible for regulatory filings and keeping records and other paperwork that may be required by regulatory bodies.
- To keep departments up‐to‐date on new or revised regulations and standards that are relevant to product and installation specifications.
- Responsible for educating engineering and design teams about relevant engineering standards, regulations and best practice guidance.
- Responsible for working with both management and lower‐level staff to coordinate compliance information between departments. Quality Control
- Responsible for collecting, managing, and recording site quality issues. Liaising with O&M and Design Engineers directly to coordinate site quality issues (failures, damages, etc).
- Preparing site inspection reports and providing feedback on quality issues to engineers, designers, installation and O&M teams.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining engineering quality management system including engineering document control, quality control audit, software control, technical operating procedures, records, complaints, etc.
- Responsible for creating procedures and guidelines to ensure that governmental and industry regulations are met by designers and engineers for both international and domestic markets.
- Lead, engage and motivate the quality & compliance team as part of the Engineering Function of Distributed Energy UK & Ireland operations for Industrial and Commercial customers.
- Manage quality engineers to ensure engineering design work complies with all regulations and relevant standards.
- Create the culture and processes to manage HSE, protect margin and deliver projects on time, championing DE&P values.
Health & Safety
- Responsible for meeting all relevant health, safety, environmental & associated legal requirements for quality and ensure the team complies with these.
- Responsible for creating a proactive culture of continuous improvement around health and safety within your team and integrating high performance in quality.
A bachelor degree in an engineering discipline is required. Electrical or mechanical engineering background is preferred. Also, a master’s degree in an engineering discipline or in an area that demonstrates business skills is advantageous.
- Quality management professional with wide experience in design management, process management, inspection, site construction and installation for energy projects.
- Experience in a similar role, managing the quality assurance aspects of complex, cross functional engineering projects.
- To possess experience that is related to the energy industry (Renewables, Oil & Gas, Electrical power industry, Coal, Nuclear, etc.) Previous experience in design, installation and O&M for energy projects.
- Good understanding of Distributed Energy product technologies (Solar, Energy Storage, Diesel&Gas Generators, LED, Heat Pumps, CHP). Experience in auditing and process development.
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Go beyond the norm to understand and exceed design expectations, challenging barriers to deliver excellent engineering experience.
Excellent Commercial Acumen:
- Ability to identify the critical drivers of engineering risks considering business and brand impacts; and use insight to drive decisions.
- Ability to positively influence people at all levels, within the organisation, create clarity of objectives and secure buy‐in and engagement.
- Confident in identifying, and applying appropriately, a range of analytical tools to complex multidimensional business processes.
Project Management Skills:
- Effective planning and organisation skills to provide clear leadership and direction to team; and assure delivery of quality outputs within challenging timescales.
- Take pride in achieving results, remain composed under pressure and inspire others to achieve; creating a winning team.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Andy.Malyon@centrica.com typing UPDATE REQUIRED Engineering Quality & Compliance Manager R9913992 in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.