Commercial Senior Project Manager
We’re Direct Energy (DE) Solar—a leading residential solar specialist in the country; a believer of change, technology, and goodwill; an enthusiast for renewable energy and a greener planet.
The Commercial Senior Project Manager is responsible for the planning, budgeting, coordinating, and directing of resources and activities involved in the delivery of solar systems for commercial customers. Senior Project Manager will also help train and manage other project managers to the successful completion of projects throughout the team. These activities will include managing the various state and local regulations, safety plans, materials planning, logistics, utility regulations and interconnection requirements, customer communications, customer billing, collections, project accounting, and project close-out. Additionally, the Senior Project Manager will negotiate contracts with suppliers, sub-contractors, in addition to supporting sales in the development of project estimates and contract addendums. Travel is required. All work performed is tracked through Direct Energy Solar’s project management software.
This position reports to the Director, C&I Operations
- Assist sales in securing solar project contracts including estimating, design coordination, risk mitigation and contract addendums (e.g. schedules, scope-of-work).
- Determine site specific requirements including labor, local AHJ requirements, safety requirements, utility interconnection, and permit costs.
- Develop detailed project budget.
- Acquire necessary permits, and other required approvals to complete project scope.
- Manage customer communication on a routine basis to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Develop and negotiate sub-contractor, consultant or engineering agreements including safety plans, schedules and scope-of-work necessary to fulfill project requirements.
- Manage all aspects of the project schedule from project kickoff to project close-out including project post-mortem meeting.
- Monitor processes, materials, safety, job quality, to detect or assess problems
- Analyze information, and identify problem resolutions, recommend and implement corrective actions.
- Provide timely management, financial or other relevant project information necessary to meet internal processes or controls.
- Coordinate inspections and interconnections with the customer, local jurisdiction, and the relevant utility.
- Ensure projects are completed within scheduled timeframes and budget. Coordinate project commissioning and handoff to systems support and/or O&M team.
- Coordinate customer training and acceptance.
- Track progress through Direct Energy project management software.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text