Office Manager, Birmingham
PH Jones, part of British Gas, is a provider of Gas Central Heating Service, Repair and Installations to the Social Housing market. The market place consists of approximately 5 million homes, managed by 3,500 Housing Associations and Councils across the UK. We are now looking for an Office Manager to join our team. We can offer you an exciting journey with us, the opportunity to work with talented friendly people and put your skills to use in helping our Customers.
- Location: PH Jones, Bath Row, Birmingham
- Salary: £21,000 plus benefits
- Benefits: Share save scheme, company pension, healthcare benefits and employee discounts
- Permanent, Full time
- Develop, engage and lead an effective office based team that is driven to deliver the operational, financial and growth targets
- Create a customer focussed culture and a right first time approach
- Input in ensuring cost effective mobilisation and building strong customer relationships
- Manage, control and effectively resolve customer complaints
- Meet with the team on a regular basis to monitor and review performance
- Identify improvements to working practices and adopt 'best practice' within the business
To be brilliant in this role you should be a confident communicator at all levels with excellent relationship building skills. You should be enthusiastic, self-motivated and will be required to work under your own initiative. You should have a flexible approach and be able to work as part of a team. You will be expected to motivate your team to achieve their targets by bringing out the best in each other. In addition you will have:
- Management experience
- Commercial acumen and effective decision making that will deliver business goals such as margin, productivity, quality and customer satisfaction
- Creditability and strong communication skills to drive behavioural and performance improvement
- Influencing skills & relationship management
- Thorough understanding of what delivers great customer service
- Demonstrable good planning, organising and self-management skills
- Computer literate, with experience of Microsoft Office
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button. To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Antonia.Fella@britishgas.co.uk typing 'Update required: Office Manager, Birmingham R9913998' in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com