Head of Business Movers
- To lead, determine the direction and develop of the strategy for the business movers serve to sell channel to retain and grow accounts for UK Business whilst leveraging opportunity for cross-sell and up-sell across both Energy and Services.
- To drive all aspects relating to the successful performance of the business movers team.
- To promote and deliver a culture of continuous improvement and a function that delivers excellence for British Gas and the customer.
- Provide inspirational leadership to motivate all business movers teams to maximise profitability and value leading to delivery of world class customer service.
- Lead the development and delivery of the business movers strategy , taking a hands on approach to the development of effective relationships with relevant parties
- Create and deliver an effective and efficient business movers process, meeting agreed time and quality SLAs to drive down the number of customer on the default (Deemed) tariff
- Develop, engage and lead effective management teams to maximise volume and value from customer Change of Tenancy (CoT)
- Drive and implement strategies to continually improve the customer and employee experience in the CoT process
- Driving improvements to the teams NPS customer satisfaction and employee engagement results.
- Ensuring managers are responsible for analysing team performance data for the achievement of targets, SLA’s, customer portfolio, proposition mix and KPI monitoring, compliance measures are in place and that the customer journeys are being upheld
- Understand the quality & compliance requirements of your role & ensure adherence to these
- Manage the implementation and testing of new data sources and propositions to deliver targets and enable channel acquisition growth i.e. landlords strategy, vacant properties
- Deliver customer fairness through the interactions we have with the customers. Ensure appropriate governance is in place to drive the right behaviours and customer outcomes
- To work with the Director of SME Energy and colleagues from the leadership team to inform segmentation and pricing work for business movers ensuring enhancement of retention and sales performance
- Grow a high performing team with inspirational leaders
- Approve all team reward and incentives that drive a retention and customer value
- Shape and drive the appropriate up-skilling of teams to enable effective resource balancing
- To work closely with other Leadership Team members across Centrica to inform business strategy, ensure the effective communication of key business issues and to deliver the most appropriate customer outcomes
- Lead and develop team members to deliver growth targets through effective Account planning and Opportunity Management i.e.:
- Use own initiative to seek out new business opportunities and Develepment maintain a pipeline of prospect opportunities
- Manage existing key accounts and relationships to retain and grow existincustomer business
- Effectively present UK Business value proposition to reflect customer needs and prepare quotations to customers, colleagues and 3rd parties in order to win new business and achieve sales targetsDrive effective call management through long and short term planning
- Experience of leading strategic change programmes and driving strategies, delivering step changes within the business.
- Outstanding record of leading and inspiring sales teams with a high level of self motivation
- Excellent communication skills for ongoing relationship and prospect management
- The individual will be an experienced presenter and influencer
- Proven track record in forward planning – ability to plan long term ie, strategies to ensure continued growth and performance
- Has an inquisitive nature to understand, challenge and provide alternative thinking to improve performance
- Proven track record in managing budgets, specifically forecast and cost management,
- Ability to think beyond the realms of current approaches and tenacity to challenge the status quo
- Educated to degree level or able to demonstrate this through experience
- Experience of managing customer relationships in a face to face role
- Ability to understand customer needs and present solutions to meet these through working cross functionally in a matrix environment
- Able to evaluate the commercial benefits associated with progressing solutions to meet customer needs
- Experience working in a matrix organisation and building partnerships across diverse disciplines
- Proven track record of leading in a sales environment
- Proven track record of improving services through sales
- Proven track record of building a performance culture that is customer outcome led at the same time as delivering commercially strong business growth
Key Stakeholders & Working Relationships
- Effective networking and partnering with Senior Stakeholders across Centrica to ensure alignment to business strategy and delivery of key business targets (Strategic, financial, and people).
- Direct team members to lead, inspire and support in order to achieve business results and who are engaged in the wider strategy.
- The role will also act as final point of escalation for account holders outside UK Business, as appropriate, to ensure UK Business retains their custom and adds value for the account holder.
- Complex role with significant responsibility for growth of mass & mid market accounts (with associated gross revenue/ margin targets) and the reduction of customers on the Deemed product for UK Business. Complex team deployment patterns across office bases (multiple)
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Joanne.Ford@centrica.com typing Head of Business Movers R9913357 in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.