Location: Barry Power Station
Undertakes, improves and develops routine engineering maintenance, undertakes defect repair and diagnostic tasks to ensure safe and reliable availability of operational plant and equipment at the Power Station asset complying with legal requirements.
- Contributes to ensure compliance with Health, Safety, Environment and other statutory legislation creating a strong position ensuring the site maintains the highest standards of conduct.
- Executes routine and non-routine maintenance activities in accordance with agreed procedures and operational requirements to ensure plant is operating safely, effectively and efficiently. This includes keeping the maintenance management system up to date (SAP).
- Ensures safe working practices and procedures are adhered to within the work area to protect personnel, plant and the environment.
- Carry out first line maintenance activities, with response to emergency / unscheduled situations in the event of abnormal incidents, in order to protect plant and personnel ensuring compliance with safety and environmental policies.
- Investigates complex technical problems relating to critical plant. Identifies, diagnoses and reports defects within the plant utilising the Maintenance Management system, ensuring defects are resolved whilst maintaining station performance and meeting operational targets by returning plant to normal operating service.
- Preparing work method statements, risk assessment and / or plant operating instructions ensuring the required level of maintenance to asset is achieved and records maintained.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of the asset Business plan to ensure the ongoing integrity of the plant.
- Provides practical discipline leadership, carrying out the delegate person responsibility ensuring the elements of the Business Management System reflect the site practices.
Key Success Factors:
- Station Maintenance management and planning system updated correctly and timely with relevant information including up-to-date Operations and Maintenance instructions.
- Work activities are undertaken safely and efficiently in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Site-specific delegations properly managed.
- Recognisable contribution to business planning process.
- The role demands close working with relevant onsite personnel therefore good working relationships must be established and maintained. The job holder will develop working relationships with contractors and ensure compliance with station policies.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- HNC or equivalent in an Engineering discipline.
- Must have completed a recognised formal training programme or apprenticeship to achieve technician status (C&G parts I, II &III)
- Demonstrable experience within the power generation or similar process industry.
- Must possess organisational; communication and interpersonal skills to be able to work effectively with both internal and external personnel to ensure all business objectives are met in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Good IT skills to operate appropriate software and hardware systems.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing Mechanical Technician R9913794 in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.