Electrical Operations Manager, South East
Electrical Operations Manager, South East - Overview:
PH Jones, part of British Gas, is a provider of Gas Central Heating Service, Repair and Installations to the Social Housing market. We are now looking for an Electrical Operations Manager to join our team in the South East. We can offer you an exciting journey with us, the opportunity to work with talented friendly people and put your skills to use in helping our Customers.
- Salary: £35000-£40000 dependant on experience, plus benefits
- Benefits: Company vehicle, share save scheme, company pension, healthcare benefits and employee discounts
- Location: South East
- Purpose: To effectively manage and motivate the assigned region of contractors, and ensure the constant availability of professional service providers. To ensure that contractors/suppliers consistently conform to industry standards, high levels of customer service, and legislation relevant to their trade qualification.
What will you be doing?
Working alongside the various teams across PH Jones & British Gas, you will ensure that service provision is of premium quality and meets all best practices, duty of care, current legislation and within allocated budgets to achieve our overall business objectives. Working as part of a team you will develop forecasting models that will allow the business to meet peak work demands, while continuing to ensure a stable and effective Contractor network. Your day to day duties will include:
- Complete health, safety and environmental audits, ensuring corrective actions are in place where required
- Deliver an improved process and customer journey that will support all teams in delivering a best in class service
- Maximise efficiency of the network by continually reviewing performance of the Contractor network
- Recruit, induct and develop people in accordance with established policies and procedures to build an effective team
- Develop and manage a review framework that will provide the Operations teams with Contractor performance data on a national basis, chairing monthly performance reviews with Contractors
- Support new growth opportunities by leading change and support wider initiatives
- Assess and makes adjustments for compliance threats and opportunities
- Identify business needs, highlighting risks whilst developing solutions to improve existing performance
- Ensure resource levels are adequate for current and future workload
- Ensures that the organisation, its mission, strategy, programs, products and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders
To be brilliant in this role.........
The ideal candidate will have a commercial outlook with a clear focus on value and continuous improvement. You will be confident and credible with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with senior management, and have the ability to identify and pursue new ideas, solutions, methods and opportunities. In addition you should have:
- Proven experience of managing in a commercial or compliance environment
- Proven track record in managing contractual relationships
- Experience of effective governance processes conforming to regulatory requirements
- Ideally electrically qualified, although not essential
- Numerate, with the ability to interpret data in a clear, simple and succinct manner
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills and be able to challenge and change others’ perceptions about problems and issues
- The ability to manage and drive the performance of a 3rd party network to achieve excellent service standards
- Ability to build great relationships, influence, network effectively and partner the business with confidence and credibility
- Effective decision maker with the ability to work under pressure
- Able to drive change and manage stakeholders effectively
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing UPDATE REQUIRED Electrical Operations Manager, South East R9913999 in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.