Rathbone Place, London (5 minutes from Tottenham court road tube station)
Salary circa; £35,000 - £40,000 + bonus & excellent benefits
We are looking to hire an additional product manager who will focus on building out an industry-leading customer experience for Boiler IQ.
Boiler IQ is a new British Gas service that monitors customers’ boilers 24/7. It lets customers know immediately if their boiler fails and helps them get it fixed quickly and with minimal fuss. We are already leading the market and need you to help us push further ahead, into Minority Report territory where we predict boiler failures and head them off before they ever occur.
What will you be doing?
We want every one of our customers to appreciate Boiler IQ, even when their boiler is working fine. Your job as product manager will be to deliver that experience.
This is a hands-on role that will require spending substantial time with our customers to identify and prioritise needs. Working with our data scientists you will mine the data we get from boilers to find insights that delight our customers. You will also harness the imaginations of the whole team to define features that move Boiler IQ beyond “your boiler is broken”, finding new ways to make Boiler IQ useful.
- You’ll define and execute a strategy to keep customers engaged, even when their boiler is working fine
- Develop measures for customer engagement
- Design and test hypotheses around improvements to the customer experience (including building prototypes, running customer labs and communicating the results cross the organisation)
- Specify features in detail, drive them through to delivery and measure their impact once live
Our perfect candidate is:
- A self-starter, able to work with limited direction and oversight
- Very comfortable getting out of the building to meet people and get feedback
- A passionate customer advocate
- An excellent communicator, able to get people across the organisation bought into their vision
- Biased towards experimenting, testing hypotheses and making data-driven decisions
Experience of the following would be an advantage:
- B2C product management experience in the tech sector
- IoT and smart home tech
- Designing customer communications: email newsletters, SMS etc
- Pulling insights out of customer data
- Agile "product owner” role
- Running customer labs and experiments (Lean methodologies)
- Mobile app design
- We would expect degree-level education (or equivalent)
We are Centrica Connected Home - the team behind Hive. We look for brilliant people who love solving challenging problems and developing innovative products. We give you the chance to make an impact while working in an environment that facilitates learning and collaboration.
We are based in central London, between Tottenham Court Road and Holborn tube stations.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Carla.Welch@britishgas.co.uk typing 'Update required: Product Manager R9913573' in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com