- Set CSL’s Shutdown strategy and underpinning requirements (e.g. resources, risk reduction, budget, production downtime)
- Development CSL SD plans
- Execution of safe, reliable and efficient SDs for Operations in accordance with CSL Standard for Shutdown Management
- Contributes to and learns from others through Extended Leadership Teams in SD’s
- Through our Operating Management System, Maintenance Manager SD Management, is responsible for delivering the following within their functional area:
- People who are in safety critical roles are competent, capable and experienced
- Functional risks associated with CSL operations are understood, controlled and continuously reduced, to deliver safe operating results
- Functional performance is measured and understood
- Conformance with CSL and regulatory requirements
- Strategy & Planning
- Creates and maintains CSL SD strategy. Sets the SD priorities and provides input to the Asset Maintenance plans to assess do-ability and ensure adequate resourcing
- Integrates the Information gathered by Operations (conditioning monitoring and intervention)
- Owns and governs SD Management data
- In conjunction with SCPM, ensures oversight over key procurement decisions
- People Management
- Input to succession planning for Head of Maintenance approval
- Sets technical competency standards for SD Management, ensures development of people to standards through challenge, excellence, CMS and other technical development programmes for maintenance
- In partnership with T&D manager & CMS lead, develops Maintenance capability training programs as identified for SD Management
- Hosts Maintenance network and ELTs
- Setting Standards, Policies, Processes
- Develops and owns SD Management content in OMS. Develops, decides, drives on application of and verify conformance to standardized practices and workflows
- Ensure lessons learned are captured, codified and embedded in Asset practices and workflows and transferred to and embedded CSL standards and practice
- Performance Management
- Develops and owns all SD Management metrics
- Drives frequent reporting and analysis of standardized SD Management performance indicators to achieve safe, reliable and compliant operations
- Supports Asset agenda on reducing Production Losses
- Drives Asset SD Management performance on “Plant”
- Own and maintain the SD Management processes and key tools and manages the SD Management and contractors
- Plans, executes outcome and closes-out all SD Management work
- Drives and coordinates the investigation, root cause id., closure of findings and gaps from major defects or deviation from standard, and sharing of learning’s from all investigations
- Assures understanding of and compliance to the MoC and CoW standard in all executed work
- Health, Safety and Environmental performance is a high priority that requires a demonstrable commitment from the job holder.
- Contribute and manage to implement all actions related to the assigned PDS.
- Ensure maintenance teams adhere to safety rules and regulations and are compliant with the Offshore Safety cases and the onshore COMAH case.
- The job holder must possess extensive knowledge of maintenance & asset integrity practices and legislation and must have experience of an engineering role in the oil and gas industry.
- The job holder will have an engineering background and will be educated to degree level, equivalent Chartered Engineer status or relevant industry experience.
- Leadership, team concept, latest maintenance techniques and good communication skills are essential to coordinate, implement and achieve business objectives.
- Well developed planning and organisational skills.
- Highly motivated
Centrica Storage Limited is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Centrica plc. With our head office in Staines and main engineering office in Hedon, we operate the Rough gas storage facility in the southern North Sea, the York off and onshore gas processing facility and the Easington onshore gas processing terminal in East Yorkshire. Our Rough gas storage facility, the largest in the UK represents around 75% of UK’s current storage capacity. Gas is stored in the Rough field on behalf of a large number of customers, including utilities, gas traders and gas producers. Centrica Storage's commercial team is separated from those parts of Centrica that deal in gas supply, gas shipping, trading and storage procurement
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email David.Shedden@centrica.com typing Shutdown Manager R9911312 in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.