Senior SAP Developer
British Gas Information Systems are looking for someone to join our Applications Development Team in a hands-on technical role predominantly in the SAP CRM, IS-U and SAPUI5 (HTML-5) space. You will be responsible to deliver technical capabilities for processes like home-move, sales, losses etc. within the Contract Management team and will report directly to the Software Development Team Lead.
- Location: Staines (TW18), London
- Salary - £50,000 -£55,000 with bonus, pension and flexible benefits
The role expects the candidate to demonstrate a good level of technical understanding of SAP landscape, its end-to-end architecture and development aspects like code, reviews, transport and deployment process etc.
Following are some of the key responsibilities encompassed within the role:
- Deliver complex development objects across SAP CRM, IS-U (ECC) and SAPUI5 (HTML-5).
- Provide necessary solution recommendations and impact assess deliverables from various projects, small changes as well as BAU incident fixes
- Lead with example a small group of developers by conducting code reviews and providing support where needed
- Be responsible for the timely deliverables (including code, configuration, documentation, controls etc) from the projects with absolute quality and work very closely with the Project Managers, Solution Architects, Test Managers and other key individuals from within the projects to achieve this
- Support the Team Lead to manage and enhance key functional and technical areas (capabilities) within the contract management team
- Actively participate and contribute into the Technical Design Authority forums ensuring projects implement out of the box, scalable and end-to-end solution with best practices in mind
- Build and maintain relations with senior stakeholders throughout British Gas including IS and Business teams
The successful candidate would need to show the desired technical capabilities and demonstrate following skills:
- Hands-on SAP CRM including BOL/ GenIL, Web UI and CRM middleware and/or
- Hands-on SAPUI-5 (or HTML-5) developer with extensive development experience
- Knowledge and hands on experience of the Contract Management processes within SAP CRM
- SAP ABAP with outstanding OOPS experience
- Technical understanding of SAP landscape including, but not limited to E-E technical architecture, transport mechanism, integration etc
- Understanding and hands-on experience of complex development frameworks in SAP
- Candidates with good understanding of Insurance and Utilities data model and domain expertise are desirable.
- SAP HANA
- Netweaver Gateway and SAP PI/ PO
- REST based services
- Natural leader and creative mind for innovation
- Ability to represent Contract Management Team in forums like architecture review boards etc and challenge/ work with solution architects and development leads on technical areas
- Ability to challenge and explore design and delivery plans and apply different approaches to arrive at the most favourable options
- Manage and work with senior and demanding stakeholders
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button,
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing Senior SAP Developer R9907742 in the subject title. The closing date for this role is Tuesday 20th December 2016.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com