Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
Direct Energy is seeking a highly motivated HSES Manager to join the North America Distributed Energy (NADE) Team. The successful candidate will provide leadership, coaching, and technical support for office, plant and field operations. The position will build an HSES team, including direct report(s), provide oversight and indirect supervisory responsibilities and authority for HSES related issues within their span and control.
- 5-7 year’s managing HSES programs in a field, plant and office environment.
- 5-10 year’s construction industry experience preferred.
- Bachelor degree required.
- Experience managing environmental issues/regulations.
- Ability to translate technical issues in a non-technical manner with Business Stakeholders and Customer Operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Self-starter, highly motivated, hard worker.
- Interaction with cross-functional groups and a matrixed organization.
- Ability to manage direct reports
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, MS Project).
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Coaching, facilitating and presentation skills.
- Team player.
- Significant travel required including travel between offices and project sites/ customer facilities including travel on short and no notice.
- Occasional overseas travel may be required.
- Off hour availability.
- Develops and maintains the NADE HSES Management System(s) (includes employees and suppliers).
- Position reports into NADE management team and into the Director HSES for DE&P.
- Serves as a technical resource to management teams through coaching, mentoring and assist in in the delivery of the NADE HSES Management System.
- Position is responsible for ensuring that systems and procedures meet with Centrica standards.
- Implements the NADE HSES Management System.
- Provides direction and support to office, plant and field operations as to their involvement and enforcement of the HSES Management System.
- Understands the end to end processes of the NADE HSES Management System.
- Develops effective NADE HSES training & awareness programs.
- Provide support, coaching and mentoring for all staff as required.
- Manage the process, advise and assist on the evaluation and review of HSES risks, impacts and threats to properly mitigate recurrence and ensure effective controls. This process should also involve managers, supervisors and staff.
- Act as a technical resource to management teams in the areas of safety and environmental regulations.
- Provides technical support during NADE HSES related audits.
- Undertake audits and inspections as required with regards to all business activities at the offices or remotely on site.
- Provides routine updates to management teams on NADE HSES performance.
- Supports management teams with conducting accident/injury investigations.
- Evaluates incident/accident trends and verifies actions taken are effective to prevent recurrence.
- Ability to build, manage and motivate a team of direct reports and manage and motivate indirect teams.
- Completes required regulatory reports in a timely manner (i.e. OSHA 300 logs, Transportation of Hazardous Materials, etc.)
- Supports internal departments (where appropriate) on claims management.
- Serves as a technical resource on new and/or emerging NADE HSES initiatives.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability