Senior Treasury Analyst, Back Office
Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the North America treasury team for someone to add value where opportunities exist, review existing procedures; recommend process improvement and delivery change and efficiency. This is a unique opportunity to join the treasury team and influence the shaping of the role to make it their own.
- High level of motivation and willingness to make a difference
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, or Accounting. CTP Preferred
- Treasury and banking systems experience - essential
- Strong Excel skills and attention to detail - essential
- Ability to work to tight deadlines on a regular basis, and work under time pressure - essential
- Professional demeanour, ability to speak to external counterparties - essential
- Support Treasury and the business in provision of optimal banking and cash management structures in the US. Work with our internal stakeholders to optimise the banking structure held
- Responsible for day to day management of the US ZBA structure at the banks, including ensuring that all available cash is swept into the header accounts
- Responsible for the compilation of the daily cash management across all lines of business, identifying opportunities for improved accuracy and model design through the forecast vs actual reconciliation
- To work with key BU stakeholders in application of Treasury policy with the ability to adapt standard practices to meet specific BU requirements while ensuring Treasury policies are followed.
- Support the Treasury Manager – Back Office ensuring all daily procedures including check deposit are completed in a timely fashion and carrying out ad-hoc tasks
- Work effectively with the treasury team and the wider Finance community
- Manage the 200+ multi-currency bank accounts including the opening and closing of accounts and bank resolution changes
- The back office is responsible for cash flows in excess of $100m each day. Settlements need to be carried out in time for banking cut-offs and the back office often works to challenging deadlines to achieve this.
- Online Banking systems are critical to the functioning of back office and the role involves the administration of these payment systems.
- Relationships with the rest of Treasury, business units and banks are required to ensure that daily processes are executed successfully.
- The North American treasury team is now part of the Global Treasury team headed by the UK based Group Treasurer. This is a relatively new development and we are still in a period of integration and knowledge sharing. To facilitate this the Director, Treasury Back Office (Global) is currently working from the Houston office for a twelve month period.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text