Lead Accounting Analyst
Reporting to Accounting Manager in Houston, this position will have responsibility for month end close, balance sheet account reconciliation preparation / review, financial reporting and analysis, acquisition related responsibilities and special projects with the COO / Function business unit. This position will interact extensively with the offshore accounting support team based in India and various functional areas within Shared Service Center as well as collaboration with FP&A and business partners.
- Accounting degree required, CPA a plus
- 5 + years of accounting experience required.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Advanced Excel skills required.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Flexible operating style required, including the ability to multi-task and thrive in a dynamic and changing work environment.
- Leadership experience
- Collaborate with other members of COO / Function Accounting Team, offshore accounting team, Shared Service Center to complete the month-end close process in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure journal entries are reviewed and approved with adequate supports in a timely manner.
- Ensure financial reports and analytics are completed and delivered on time.
- Prepare, approve and / or review balance sheet reconciliation to identify any inherent financial statement risks and work with the management and other applicable functional areas to ensure risks are properly mitigated.
- Assist in executing all group-level key controls owned by the COO / Function Accounting team.
- Provide supports in Direct Energy internal / external audit process.
- Ensure objectives for special projects assigned are timely achieved.
- Lead process enhancement projects to ensure continuing improvement in accounting and operational efficiency.
- Participate in preparation / review of the monthly management reporting (Balance Sheet package, cash flow analysis, P&L variance analysis).
- Build strong relationships with the business partners and develop business knowledge in order to be identified as point of contact for accounting issues.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are a Equal Employment Opportunity
employer--M/F/disability/protected veteran status