Contract Profitability Manager
Contract Profitability Manager
British Gas currently have a vacancy for a Contract Profitability Manager. The role is responsible for ensuring Industrial & Commercial energy contracts achieve, or exceed, the expected profit contribution, whilst identifying profit improvement opportunities.
Location – Oxford
You will be required to review actual contract profitability against expected levels and analyse the performance of them with major customers to identify variances from expected levels. The role also has the following responsibilities:
- Analysing contract profitability to inform on future pricing decisions, product design, terms of supply and service/operating models.
- Supporting sales in the construction of commercial terms for large contracts.
- Work with other teams to implement actions that will improve the profitability of individual large contracts and/or groups of smaller contracts.
- Ensure commercial terms (standard and bespoke) offered to customers appropriately balance risk and return; and ensure terms are applied effectively to in order to deliver the expected outcome.
- Understand the costs incurred by BG in supplying its customers; identify and manage potential to reduce costs and/or pass-through to customers.
- Manage commercial escalations and customer disputes through to resolution in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensure any settlement agreements and terms are made in accordance with company policies and DOA’s.
- Work collaboratively with other functions to ensure the success of I&C Energy.
Ideally applicants should have a good understanding of the UK Business to Business energy market and have considerable experience in a pricing, commercial or finance role. You should have strong analytical skills and a pragmatic approach to problem solving with the ability to build relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and influence in a matrix environment. We are also looking for:
- Thorough knowledge of B2B energy products, pricing and contract terms
- Understanding of B2B service delivery and operating to SLA’s and contractual provisions
- Understanding the cost and risks associated with supplying energy to large businesses
- Ability and willingness to challenge the status quo
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
Basic salary - £45,000 - £55,000 + range of benefits
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing 'UPDATE REQUIRED' Contract Profitability Manager R9913068 in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.