Manager Indirect Sales Support
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
The Sales Support Manager – Indirect Sales is a critical member of the Sales Support leadership team, reporting to the Director of NAB Sales Support and coordinating with the other Sales Support managers.
This position’s focus is to lead a team of 3 - 5 Sales Support Supervisors, who manage teams of Sales Support analysts in the mission-critical processes around C&I customer acquisition including pricing, contracting and booking stages for the NAB Indirect Sales team. This position is also responsible for managing internal Sales related projects and providing activity reporting to the Sales Leadership team.
The Manager is responsible for coordinating with the Head of Indirect Sales and the Indirect sales directors and sales managers to remain current on sales strategy and direction, as well as market challenges, channel partner issues, and go to market strategy. The Manager will work with their team of Supervisors to communicate strategy, ensure consistency of process where possible, and ensure all Sales Support analysts are operating effectively and productively in support of their channel development managers.
Indirect Sales Support services, totaling over 35,000 transactions annually, include customer set up, price set-up, credit submission, contract generation, contract package processing, proposal preparation, and other value add services in support of the sales representative. The Manager will have dotted line accountability to key stakeholders, including the Head of Indirect Sales, sales managers and sales directors, and will be working closely with them to ensure priorities are met and value added support services delivered.
The candidate must be highly organized, be familiar with sales cycles and processes, be able to prioritize multiple deadlines and balance operational urgency between and among competing interests, understand energy markets and DEB’s product suite, and have excellent negotiation, time and stakeholder management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Five or more years’ experience in the retail energy industry
- Experience in a supervisory or managerial capacity preferred
- Experience in sales, sales support, sales operations or related area preferred
- Strong time management capability is required, including ability to manage multiple priorities
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills required to interact with Sales leadership and staff in other departments
- Knowledge of DEB internal processes and systems preferred
- Willingness to supervise staff in satellite offices
- Must have strong written and verbal skills
- Must possess a keen attention to detail
- Must be strong in Excel/Word, PowerPoint, and Salesforce.com
- Monitor Key Performance Indicators to ensure Service Level Agreements are being met and provide occasional reporting regarding activities conducted and transactions processed
- Supervise performance of team members in accordance with the “How” and “What” objectives established in conjunction with the sales support organizational strategy
- Communicate frequently with Head of Indirect Sales, sales directors and sales managers, including providing updates during regular sales team meetings
- Supervise resources employed to handle routine data entry tasks re transaction processing
- Interact regularly with other departments such as Pricing Operations, Contract Administration, Legal, Credit and Customer Service to help ensure timely and accurate responsiveness
- Ensure team members are trained on current systems, products and services
- Ensure team compliance with internal policies and business rules at all times
- Assist with creation and support execution of team member individual development plans
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text