Sales Support Blueprint Manager
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
The Sales Support Blueprint Manager is a key member of the Sales Support leadership team and is critical to the successful execution of the Sales Support strategic vision (i.e., the “Sales Support Blueprint”). The Manager will be responsible for adding value by driving and sustaining process improvements and operational efficiencies across key business processes impacting NAB Sales Support. The Manager will report to the Director, NAB Sales Support and will be responsible for managing a suite of projects and resources dedicated to those projects focused on enhancing operational efficiencies for Sales Support, improving the effectiveness of the Sales Support analysts, and maximizing productivity. The Manager will ensure that all projects are aligned to and support the Blueprint and aid in the evolution of the role of Sales Support.
The Manager will organize and structure project teams, project plans, report outs and other communications to Sales Support leadership and Sales leadership and will be responsible for coordinating with key stakeholders throughout the business.
This position will be responsible for building a culture of continuous improvement within the Sales Support organization, ensuring that all of Sales Support is focused on efficiency and effectiveness. The Manager will also function as a change agent both within and outside the Sales Support organization on projects and initiatives affecting Sales Support and the systems critical to operations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Five or more years’ experience in the retail energy industry
- Experience in sales, sales support, sales operations or related area preferred
- Strong time management capacity is required, including ability to manage multiple priorities and simultaneous deadlines
- Strong analytical abilities and problem solving skills, including superior project management and negotiation skills; knowledge of Process Excellence methods (Six Sigma, Workout, Green Belt) a plus
- Ability to provide thought leadership on complex business issues, sometimes with limited fact-base
- Ability to manage stakeholders at all levels of the organization and to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills with solid communication capabilities and practices, both oral and written
- Leadership and change management skills, including demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills required to interact with Sales leadership and staff in other departments
- Must possess a keen attention to detail
- Must be strong in Excel/Word, PowerPoint, and Salesforce.com
- Some travel required
- Identify high value-at-stake process improvements
- Define and recommend initiatives for prioritization to drive a step change in business performance
- Manage delivery of improvement initiatives and provide on-going executive updates while highlighting risks/barriers to execution
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to define key performance indicators to measure operational effectiveness and provide on-going insight into trends or recommendations for improvement
- Coordinate with Process Excellence department regarding cross-functional initiatives requiring prioritization
- Represents Sales Support in cross-functional change initiatives impacting the organization
- Effectively use communication channels to provide business updates and develop ‘simplify and streamline’ culture for increasing customer experience
- Introduce and implement best practices related to process and data improvements across all stages of the customer lifecycle
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text