Group Head of Quality Assurance
This role will support the Group Director of Technology & Engineering (GDT&E) in providing clear visibility of quality assurance across the group.
This is done by
- Providing expertise and strong management to assure aligned and established quality and reliability standards across the group for the products, services and software;◦that we provide to other Centrica businesses, third party businesses, and consumer customers ◦that we purchase through Centrica’s procurement and supply chain management team (PSCM)
- Defining and establishing reporting processes, detecting QA gaps, and implementing gap closure strategies with the QA managers in the business units The Head of QA will have a small central staff to establish strategy, set targets and influence the QA managers in the operating businesses.
- The team will define reporting processes and procedures and bring a unified view of the state of Centrica’s QA program to the Executive Committee. Building strong relationships and managing multiple high priority issues are crucial for this role.
- Define and implement, with the Heads of QA in the businesses, a standard reporting process that enables an automated roll up of the QA programs for all the entities of the corporation
- Define and establish a monthly incident reporting system, a semi-annual review of progress and an annual register of QA priorities
- On an annual basis define QA gaps and the pathway to closure of the most important gaps for each business unit.
- Quality in and quality out. Assure that products, software and services provided across businesses, sold to other businesses and consumers and purchased for use internally are subject to technical and business criteria that meet our quality targets
- Ensure, with the QA Managers in the businesses, that the quality control processes put in place with our suppliers are appropriate (useful, meaningful and cost effective)
- Motivation: develop, with the LT members, motivational awards to bring pride and recognition to QA and communicate what good QA looks like
- Budget: estimate and control the budget of the central QA team and be able to understand and report the cost of QA for each of the business
- Organisation of Leadership Team meetings on a semi-annual basis.
- Ideally, someone who has worked for a company with several business units
- Strong organisational and reporting skills
- Proven analytical and process management skills – able to identify, simultaneously manage multiple high-priority issues and develop gap closure methodologies
- Proven ability to define route causes, come up with and implement corrective action plans, including product recalls
- Confidence and credibility – presence to influence business leaders, able to facilitate, orient and influence debate at that level.
- Determined and able to persist through problems and resistance to deliver the required objectives
- Organisational influence and buy-in – demonstrates an ability to influence and secure buy-in across the QA community
- Relationship building – willing and able to establish, build, sustain and share strong professional relationships with QA experts both inside and outside Centrica
- Experience in a production or commercial role advantageous
- Commercial acumen – understanding the implication in cost and time of standards and the QA programs in the businesses
Additional Website Text
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Andrew.firstname.lastname@example.org typing Group Head of Quality Assurance (R9913090)in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com