Data Solutions Manager (Open)
The Data Solutions Manager will have a great opportunity to influence how we manage data as a strategic asset across BGB overall. This individual will need to be able to demonstrate, through results, how data approaches and deliverables are joined-up across all BGB business units to drive significant efficiencies and improvements in data management practices. This person will need strong stakeholder management skills to gain buy-in and recognition from senior managers across BGB.
- Responsible for translating business strategy, programmes and projects into a clear and measureable roadmap of data related activities.
- Responsible for creating and managing the Information Management Steering Group (IMSG) across BGB to ensure that BGB’s data asset is managed as a strategic asset with a clear Information Policy and Governance framework.
- Provide data consultancy level support to identify data-led solutions for various business programmes and projects but must also be adaptable and drive tactical data changes to overcome immediate business challenges.
- Develop and manage a central data change plan for BGB that joins up all data related activities across BGB, including, responsibility for conducting cost/benefit assessments and delivering requisite reports required by Finance and Investment Committee (IC).
- Responsible for clarifying programme level support and resource needs required to deliver specific data solutions and for ensuring buy-in and approval from key enabling functions (IS, Finance, Transformation, HR) before programmes commence.
- Drive awareness and engagement for the Data Solutions function by liaising with internal communications team to spot opportunities to promote key updates and messages.
- Embed best practice Data Governance by developing a framework and clear terms of reference for developing and implementing information policies, procedures and standards for managing data across BGB.
- Liaise with BG to understand how policies, procedures and standards can be aligned both from a reporting and implementation perspective.
- Ensure that BGB keeps abreast of external developments across the data industry and proactively seek opportunities and best practices that can be leveraged by BGB to meet business goals.
- Responsible for managing the Data Solutions Team and for driving a strong performance management culture.
- Strong knowledge of UK Business data, systems and business processes.
- Technically literate with a good understanding of Microsoft Project, SQL Server Management Studio, SSIs and SSRS (desirable)
- Good knowledge of Data Governance frameworks and principles
- Strong Project Management & delivery skills
- Legal and regulatory requirements within the B2B energy and data market (desirable)
- Familiarity with IS Change Process would be a distinct advantage
- Ability to prioritise competing demands to ensure that data quality activities are delivered on time in line with business expectations.
- Must be able to gain buy-in and commitment from senior stakeholders across BGB business units to implement change.
- Resilience to respond quickly and effectively to data incidents as and when they arise on an ad-hoc basis.
- Able to provide consultative level support to senior stakeholders to enhance their business knowledge and data quality management understanding, including, legal and regulatory obligations around data usage.
Base salary c.£45k with excellent Benefits including bonus, pension and 25 days annual leave.
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Joanne.Ford@centrica.com typing 'UPDATE REQUIRED' Data Solutions Manager (Open) R9911726 in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.