Retail Channel Sales: Business Development Executive
Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
As a Business Development Executive, you are responsible for acquiring new Channel Partners and indirectly manage a percentage of partner relationships (Authorized Dealers) in a geographical territory. Your ability to acquire new Authorized Dealers and have significant organic growth within your existing book of business and is essential to you being successful. This role reports directly to the Regional Channel Sales Manager.
- Minimum 3-5 years of sales and/or channel management experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Action and Process oriented
- High Energy with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Ability to drive results with a strong competitive drive to be the best
- Ability to set and manage priorities
The essential responsibilities of a Business Development Executive is to work 60% prospecting, 20% managing an existing book of business and 20% administrative, preparation and miscellaneous. You will work with and build relationships with cross functional teams within the organization to promote NPS scores and excellent customer service indirectly.
- Experienced with target account selling, solution selling, and/or consultative sales techniques
- Track record of exceeding assigned sales quotas in contiguous, multiple years.
- Ability to communicate with senior managers about their business challenges and expectations of the Retail channel
- Use relationship management techniques to develop selling opportunities with partner organizations within assigned Partner (Authorized Dealer) and meet and or exceed sales goals
- Manages assigned territory. This responsibility includes: Sales distribution, planning, training and customer service
- Schedule and attend sales call appointments to quantify and qualify suspect as a viable prospect
- Meet agreed on KPI’s, on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Utilize CRM (Sales Force.com) to track all prospecting, task, events and future activities.
- Accountable for working with the Learning & Development team to help design and participate in the training and development of newly acquired partners and ongoing training for existing partners as well.
- Provide weekly status updates to your Leader including forecast/pipeline information
- Facilitate training, by way of teaching, coaching and continued development of your newly acquired partners, as well as existing partners as well.
- Provide mentorship and support to more junior Retail Sales Representatives
- Strong verbal and written communications skills including presentation skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with employees within the sales function and across functions including Marketing, Sales Operations, Systems implementations, and Product development
- Proactively informs Channel Sales Managers of key issues and challenges and provides potential solutions. Shares best practices with other territories, regions, districts and markets.
Responsibilities and Interaction:
- As a seasoned professional with a wide range of experiences, this individual uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways
- This individual effectively works with, and influence senior internal personnel with the function, employees in other functions that support the sales effort, and has some customer contact.
- Limited management supervision and direction is proved since this individual operates and drives results independently.
- The ideal candidate is a subject matter expert and strongly influences sales team decisions and initiatives. May also act as a team leader and major decision maker for team projects.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text
- Very Competitive Base Salary with bonus opportunities
- Health, Dental and Visions insurance (ON DAY 1)
- Long and Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Unlimited Vacation –Within reason
- Holiday Pay
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Referral Program
- Team Building Events