Enterprise Risk Analyst
Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
Reporting to the Enterprise Risk Manager, this position will assist with the overall Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) process for North America. This includes identifying, monitoring, and reporting risks and exposures across the organization through the Enterprise Risk Management Framework and related programs and governance activities. This role covers risk in all aspects of the business including Operational, Entity Level, HS&E, Security Compliance, IT, and Legal / Regulatory Compliance.
This position will be responsible for implementing, enhancing, and managing the Enterprise Risk Management Framework for North America. In that regard, it will be responsible for ensuring that key controls are identified and discussed with key stakeholders within the business to address group risks identified. The position will work closely with key members of the leadership team, assurance functions (e.g. Internal Audit, Internal Controls, Operational Risk, Compliance, etc) and the Head of Enterprise Risk.
This position will also be responsible for providing direct support to each Business Unit and functional team in identifying key risks, assigning ownership, and maintaining an ongoing perspective on changes that impinge the risk profile. The individual is expected to play a significant role in raising the profile of risk identification, mitigation, and ongoing monitoring and take the lead ensuring that a risk mindset is embedded across the business.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Management Information Systems, Economics, and/or other related major.
- Candidates should possess one of and/or be actively pursuing other related professional certifications such as CPA, CIA, CPM, CMA, etc.
- Strong understanding of risk and control framework methodologies.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in the energy commodity industry, external/internal audit, internal controls, or enterprise risk preferred.
- Prior public accounting experience is a plus.
- Highly developed computer skills, particularly using Excel and PowerPoint.
- Possess the attention to detail required for consistent accuracy combined with the intellectual curiosity and investigative analysis skills to seek answers to complex problems.
- Effective communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Innovative thinker who is team player, proactive, self motivated, and who can see the bigger picture.
- Strong people skills and the ability to interact with people in a manner which shows sensitivity, tact and professionalism
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment with limited supervision.
- Strong work ethic and ability to influence and drive culture change.
- Assist the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) process within North America across all lines of business and corporate functions
- Monitors the risk and control environment to ensure that exposures are within risk appetite through maintenance of the risk register
- Support ongoing oversight of the first line activities and effectively challenge risk management activities
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others in the organization including Commercial Teams, HR, Finance, IT, and Legal.
- Assist with the organization and coordination of quarterly business risk meetings and leadership team risk meetings that are utilized to review and discuss key risks identified.
- Develop strong relationship with key business stakeholders to develop a thorough understanding of the business risk profile and core processes and controls.
- Provide training and guidance of Enterprise Risk Management Framework for the business
- Support management with special projects and other duties as assigned
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability