We’re Direct Energy (DE) Solar— a leading residential solar specialist in the country; a believer of change, technology, and goodwill; an enthusiast for renewable energy and a greener planet. DE Solar was built to empower our customers to harness sunshine to power their homes.
Field Maintenance Technicians are responsible for repairing solar equipment, electrical wiring, and communications gateways. They receive daily direction from the Customer Relations team but also work with the local Operations team. Maintenance Technicians maintain inventory for removed and replacement components. The Maintenance Technician ensures that all work is done in accordance with company best practices, NEC, and other relevant building codes. Occasional travel is expected for this position.
Essential Job Functions:
• Test, repair, and replace solar system components as necessary, to include solar modules, inverters, circuit breakers, wiring, combiner panels, disconnects, junction boxes, and conduit.
• Perform communications tests for system scheduled maintenance.
• Work with equipment vendor support teams to isolate system failures and RMA equipment as required.
• Communicate with customers in a professional and courteous manner about maintenance task and purpose.
• Follow all company safety policies and procedures.
• Utilize Canvas or other reporting method to maintain an open line of communication with Customer Relationship team and accurately report location, status of each maintenance job, and schedule changes.
• Review and update system monitoring portals and close out maintenance tickets per the process set by the Customer Relationship team.
• Accept assignments and report progress, issues, and other pertinent information.
• Organize and maintain system components in warehouses, company trucks, and at customer job sites. Ensure that customer job sites are clean and left in good condition.
• Process incoming and outgoing RMA equipment and maintain inventory as designated for maintenance. • Assist in the installation of squirrel guards, snow guards, or other post-installation products.
• Follow company policy regarding use of company vehicles.
• All other duties, as assigned. Job Requirements:
• Four years of solar and/or electrical experience.
• Mastery of company installation practices for solar and electrical components.
• Good communication skills and the ability to interact in a team environment.
• Valid driver’s license and local electrical licensing, as required
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability