SAP System Design Manager
British Gas Information Systems are recruiting for experienced SAP System Design Managers within our fast paced Core Systems team based in Staines (TW18). In this ole you will be responsible for managing a team of 12 staff (onshore & offshore) who will be responsible for the planning, design and implementation of framework components of Centrica’s Core Systems
- Location: Staines (TW18), London
- Package circa: £90,000 (including car allowance, bonus, private medical, and further benefits)
This position is very hands off technical role where you will be expected to lead and deliver results in a faced paced multinational organisation. Besides the delivery of SAP projects you will be looked at as an efficient manager of a team (circa 8) ensuring that all projects in your portfolio are delivered in a timely and cost effective manner
- Demand management, responsible for prioritising and managing workload and demand providing direction to System Design team for budgeting and planning for operations and change
- Plan and agree the KPIs for the function, monitor and track, report and ensure that these are met
- Responsible for prioritising and managing own workload, and the workload of those in the Framework Design and Development Team
- Understanding the SAP product roadmap to contribute to the planning of framework component changes
- Manage and control the budget and costs for the System Design team and within budget for Technical Delivery team
- Lay out the SAP Strategy and to align the change delivery plan
- Managing the relationship with SAP to understand the application roadmap and changes in the technology while influencing, through engagement, the SAP product roadmap for Utilities.
- Responsible for managing the relationship with other teams in Technical Delivery & Core Systems
- Responsible for working with Sourcing and Procurement to manage the supplier relationships with third parties supporting this function
- Development and design authority for framework components
- Work with design teams to ensure initiatives adhere with standards and that the best available technologies are being leveraged
- Plan and produce Proofs of Concept and prototypes to support viability assessments and design decisions
- Work with Business Solutions to identify requirements and contribute to the SAP strategy and the production and amendment of the change delivery plan
- Responsible for driving outstanding performance and gaining commitment through developing, coaching, motivating, energising and inspiring team members
- Conducts performance and development reviews for the team and champions the concept of performance management.
- Experience with SAP Architecture
- Technical experience in key SAP modules (CRM, ECC, Fiori/Hana,UI5) as well as other domains like online, digital, apps, CRM, Billing, Smart to name a few
- Experience in people management of a diverse and matrixed teams (circa 8) within a large organisation
- Ability to manage expectations and relationships across multiple teams and senior leadership
- Knowledge of application life cycle management, middleware, synchronisation and security frameworks
- Familiar with middleware design, messaging technologies
- Technical knowledge of application life cycle management, security frameworks and network topologies
- Knowledge and understanding of Object oriented development and design patterns
- Performance and tuning experience
- Functional knowledge in key domain processes
- Substantial post implementation experience in IT services management
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button,
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Careers@centrica.com typing 'Update required: 'System Design Manager (SAP)(R9990095)' in the subject title.
Agencies: British Gas operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com