FP&A Manager – Margins, Cash, & Capital
Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
The FP&A Manager – Margins, Cash & Capital, role is part of the North America (NA) Finance Operations FP&A team with core responsibilities that include managing and delivering the forecasting and budgeting process, working with leadership to develop the Finance Planning & Analysis team, and driving process improvement. This role delivers to and interfaces with the North America CEO & CFO, Business unit commercial leadership, finance business partners, as well as Centrica.
Responsibilities include creating transparency into performance drivers, providing proactive analytics to support decision making, developing subject matter expertise that allows end to end thinking, consolidating financial information across diverse systems and organizations to deliver planning and forecasting activities. The candidate will deliver creation of a standardize view of margin, cash, and capital forecasting across all of North America Energy Supply & Services.
The successful candidate will possess a high degree of intellectual curiosity and a passion for customer service and analytics. The successful candidate will also champion a highly collaborative work style and thrive in a fast paced, dynamic work environment. The FP&A Manager role is a highly visible position throughout the Finance organization and Direct Energy. The manager will report to the Director of FP&A.
- Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or Accounting, or an MBA with a concentration in any of these technical disciplines. An advanced degree, CPA, CMA, or CFA license is a plus.
- Strong understanding of finance and accounting concepts required.
- Skill requirements:
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
- SAP reporting and forecasting tools (BI/BOBJ experience a plus)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to interact with senior management and department heads
- Proven ability to analyze solutions and make recommendations to management
- Proven ability to analyze a problem with limited direction
- 5 to 7 years of prior finance experience required
- High degree of intellectual curiosity
- Management experience a plus
- Must possess a highly collaborative work style
- Prior success working in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Advanced interpersonal skills including business savvy and stakeholder management
- Demonstrated customer orientation
- Energy industry experience a plus but not a requirement
- Develop short & long term planning and forecasting models to support Finance Partners and the Business in creating and understanding their margin, cash, & capital operating and financial plans
- Analyze financial data to explain variance drivers, identify trends, and call attention to opportunities to improve performance
- Translate business performance into clear executive reporting, using experience to ensure financial messages are clear, consistent and effective
- Work closely with Finance Partners on financial accounting matters, including variances to plan, core performance metrics and planning assumptions
- Become an expert in Margin, Cash, & Capital drivers across the business and their linkage to financial results
- Building stakeholder networks and understanding the key issues and drivers within each business area
- Implement & manage Service Level Agreements with business partners, including development and management of service & process performance metrics
- Identification of opportunities for process improvement and working with the teams to implement them
- Take an active role in supporting and developing their team- improving personal and professional capability alongside process improvements
- Apply group DoA, risk management and control standards for core Finance transactional processes that sit within Finance responsibility
- Manage, coach, and develop analyst team
Additional Website Text