Paid Search Media Analyst
Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
Direct Energy is looking for a driven and motivated individual to join our Digital team as a Paid Search Media Analyst. The paid search analyst drives strategy and optimizes paid search campaigns on digital marketing channels to achieve our business goals. You will work closely with cross-discipline marketing account teams focused on our great brands in the Direct Energy umbrella.
Specifically, the Paid Search Media Analyst helps manage all aspects of executing search media campaigns, including initial planning, implementation, monitoring, optimization, analysis and reporting. The emphasis for the Paid Search Media Analyst is on the quickly learning and demonstrating mastery of basic search engine marketing tactics including the execution of keyword builds, bids and bid optimization strategies, implementation of new tactics, and related activities with the objective of meeting performance goals and budget targets. The focus is exclusively on paid search and related PPC campaigns.
- 1-3 years of PPC experience – agency experience is a plus
- Experience with AdWords, Bing Ads, paid social media channels, and Google Analytics.
- AdWords, Bing Ads, and Google Analytics Certified a plus
- Strong analytical and Excel and generally Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, under tight deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Google Analytics experience a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Develop keyword advertising copy / messaging adhering to the search engine specifications and guidelines and meeting business’ objectives on key performance indicators
- Daily build and management of PPC accounts, including, budget management, bid management, ad copy testing, landing page optimization, etc.
- Research and understand the Direct Energy lines of business – specifically, understanding online goals and objectives
- Comprehensive knowledge of all elements of Digital Marketing Media Paid Search campaign management, including the tactics of search engine marketing and the tools used to implement them.
- Maintain an understanding of industry trends and research industry related media
- Interact with commercial and offline marketing counterparts for revisions
- Assist in generating weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, and quarterly performance reports, including ability to recognize and troubleshoot data anomalies.
- Provide analysis of results and optimization ideas to the Paid Search Media and Marketing teams
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability