Senior B2B Sales Manager - Generators & Power Systems
Sr Business Development Manager – Stand-by Generator and Emergency Power Systems, is a crucial member of the Sales team for ENER-G Rudox and the wider Distributed Energy & Power business.
Specifically, this revenue generating role will be responsible for the successful origination through to sales close of Stand-by Generator and Emergency Power Systems short-term & emergency rentals, capital sales and asset based service contracts for capital and finance based project for medium to large energy users, often including multiple products, sites, and partners on a deal by deal basis. Propositions will include those that bring Direct Energy Business wholesale natural gas, electric, demand response and renewables credit capabilities into customized offers to ensure we can offer customers unrivalled value and ease of doing business
- Full ownership and accountability for originating sales leads and prospects, working with Marketing to participate in trade shows, industry talks and other sales presentation opportunities
- Full ownership and accountability for closing deals; creating positive relationships and transactional progress while working with Commercial team on negotiations to completion
- Work closely with cross-functional internal teams, including design, engineering, construction management and others to help develop and deliver projects
• University degree (business, economics, engineering preferred)
• Strong B2B sales experience including complex deals
• Minimum 5-7 years of sales experience, with a track record of new business development
• Experience in the energy industry is strongly preferred
• Experience selling capital equipment or solution selling is preferable
• Excellent executive / customer presentation skills
• Ability to communicate with influence and quickly build credible relationships
• Proven track record of developing commercial projects
• Knowledge of North American natural gas and power markets useful
• Quick study; capable of grasping the structure & intricacies of the energy business & markets
• Resourcefulness and ability to work with limited supervision
• Flexibility and ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
• Ability to motivate a virtual team
• Experience working in a large/global company with matrix structure/relationships preferred
• Ability and willingness to travel is a must; frequent and regular visits to prospects and customers
The area of focus will include systems from 80kW up to 10MW for installations of cogeneration (Combined Heat & Power, or CHP) solutions in hospitals, hotels, education campuses, recreation centers, government offices, supermarkets, factories and other energy intensive buildings. Working with end users, consultants and contractors the role is responsible:
To develop relationships at engineering and executive levels.
To promote Stand-by Generator and Emergency Power Systems technology and its benefits to key end user accounts. Understand and track the potential project roadmap in multi-site accounts.
Originate Stand-by Generator and Emergency Power Systems and related opportunities through business development activities.
Prioritize those opportunities according to potential and chance of conversion.
To understand the needs of a client and develop a technical proposal to meet those needs.
Create professional proposal documents, pitches, tenders and presentations.
Deliver resulting projects from concept stage to handover for detailed design.
To understand key Stand-by Generator and Emergency Power System features and relate them to benefits and related legislation
Promote this low carbon energy efficient technology within strategically important end users.
Promote Stand-by Generator and Emergency Power Systems at industry events and seminars. Working to and developing sales processes to ensure continuous improvement.
Work with Sales Manager to establish a realistic yet stretching learning program including product knowledge, an appropriate knowledge of mechanical & electrical & energy engineering, and sales/communications skills.
Take ownership of personal development, setting roadmap for learning and career goals.
• Contracting and structuring methods for Solutions may include financing such as in the form on Energy Performance Contracts and long term support such as Energy Services Agreements.
• Contracted services should frequently include other turn-key energy aspects; including design, construction and equipment provision for turnkey project solutions
• Expected work hours consist of 80% outside sales and 20% in office.
Based in East Rutherford, NJ, the primary territory to include Northeast US. Expected travel/off-site requirements to be required. Frequent and regular travel to see prospects and customers.
ENER-G Rudox and ENER-G International (‘ENER-G’) are subsidiaries of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA). Centrica is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
ENER-G is a manufacturer and OEM of Cogeneration, Stand-by Generator and Emergency Power Systems, with leading “in house” operations and maintenance services. ENER-G has been in business for around 65 years and supplies power systems into approximately 17 countries around the world.
ENER-G is part of Centrica’s new international Distributed Energy & Power (DE&P) business has been established to deliver distributed energy solutions for large energy users as part of a more flexible energy landscape. We expect to invest ~$1 billion into the DE&P business by 2020, and use our US based Direct Energy Business brand (over 240k business customers, revenue of ~$10bn) to help us do so.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text