We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Accountant to join our Group Finance department in a business critical role. In this role you will be consolidating the Group’s financial results and preparing the annual and interim external reporting to analysts and shareholders, and monthly management reporting and three-year planning information to the Group Business Performance Management team, executive and non-executive directors
- Location: Windsor
- Salary competitive plus benefits
- Consolidate and report the Group’s financial results in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards as well as other statutory, Stock Exchange and internal requirements
- Deliver process improvement initiatives in respect of the monthly Group consolidation process, in order to produce accurate and timely information for both internal & external stakeholders
- Maintain and improve the consolidation system in order to meet changing accounting and reporting requirements
- Communicate regularly with Business Units to ensure that the Group accounting policies are being adhered to and transactions are being recorded correctly
- Maintain and improve the control framework and control environment over the consolidation and business unit submission process, to ensure the production of financial information is free from material error
- Support the Head of Financial Accounting & Reporting in the production of various other deliverables, helping to ensure that all financial reporting deadlines are met and that the reports produced are of appropriate quality and accuracy.
- Qualified chartered accountant (ACA, CPA or ACCA), preferably with Big 4 audit or corporate reporting experience
- Post-qualification experience of both internal and external financial reporting and group consolidations
- Experience with dealing with senior management and external accounting advisors and auditors
- Experience with BPC and SAP is preferable
- Strong financial accounting skills, including robust working knowledge of IFRS
- Must have strong communication skills and be able to maintain good working relationships with Business Unit finance teams and other Corporate departments
- Must also be comfortable in dealing with senior management within the Corporate Centre and with external accounting advisors and auditors
- Must be proactive, and able to conclude projects/ tasks to timetable, flagging issues as they arise
- Must be a team player with a proven ability to deliver quality work to tight timescales and under pressure.
Additional Website Text
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing Senior Accountant (R9910860)in the subject title. Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.