Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
The Marketing Analyst will engage with sales, commercial, & other departments to gain a clear understanding of their objectives and consistently apply this knowledge to a thorough analytical approach to all marketing program metrics and variables to provide strategic direction and recommendations. This individual works in a team environment and assists in creating reports and dashboards for other departments. Also assists with the design and documentation of report creation.
Data and analytics play an important role in the Direct Energy marketing campaigns. Being the Marketing Analyst means more than simply running reports and answering the basic questions. We expect our analyst to be involved in providing strategic support based on data.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- In depth knowledge of analytical tools and practical experience analyzing data, program metrics and performance.
- Experience interfacing with internal and external cross-functional teams to provide comprehensive customer solutions.
- Ability to provide strategic perspective and recommendations to improve marketing performance and ROI.
- Maintain attention to detail in a high paced, timeline driven, multi-task environment.
- Strong understanding of the voice of the customer and how to drive brand and commercial insights from a consumer perspective.
- Candidate must enjoy working with data, what's in it and what it means.
- Possess a broad array of technical skills and the ability to effectively interact with internal and external departments.
- Experience of Microsoft Office programs especially experience in the following: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Strong Excel skills required.
- Experience using Google Analytics, Adobe Site Catalyst, Tableau, or SPSS and other business intelligence tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Marketing or other related program.
- Participate in meetings to gain comprehension of sales/marketing goals and objectives and facilitate communicating Marketing Analytics & Research Team solutions.
- Utilize knowledge of “tool set” including profiling, modeling, segmentation, analysis, acquisition and retention strategies etc. to interpret program results and make strategic marketing recommendations.
- Provide ongoing written and oral interpretations of sales/marketing programs and recommendations for future testing and strategic direction.
- Facilitate design of reporting for measurement and trending relative to marketing testing of programs and initiatives.
- Act as a consultative resource for departments requiring a comprehensive analytic overview of all marketing and brand related efforts across programs.
- Manage external agencies supporting brand positioning and consumer insights.
- Keep abreast of marketing trends and innovations.
- Support sales/marketing in pursuit of all new opportunities.
- Participate in initiatives relative to:
- Creation of presentations.
- Development of proposals.
- Delivery of project results in a meaningful friendly format.
- Creation of case studies to further efforts.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability