Technical Service Desk Agent
What will you be up to?
Salary Competitive + bonus & excellent benefits
The TSD agent will be responsible to act as 2nd line support for all partner escalations of a P1 or P2 priority. To receive escalations via the Incident Management process and to resolve these issues where possible or escalate to the 3rd Line Support, acting as the single point of contact for all end to end management of reported incidents. The TSD operates a shift pattern to enable our 24*7*365 coverage.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Provision of 1st & 2nd line support to diagnose and rectify client data, systems and network faults (i.e. routing, LAN switching, basic firewall security, IPT, WAN, SIP, mobile, AWS, Hosted Networks)
- Pro-active management of alerts generated by BGCH management/monitoring systems – instigating diagnostics, escalating to appropriate 3rd party and managing through to closure
- To run and lead any Incident, controlling discussions between engineers and other interested parties to enable production of clear, concise communications to the business
- Liaison with all relevant 3rd party Suppliers
- To ensure that requests for technical support, troubleshooting and fault diagnosis are serviced in a timely manner and, where applicable, within agreed service level time scales
- To ensure that all on-going actions and the current status of problems are fully documented in the CRM System
- Assist in coordinating operations and engineering teams in order to identify errors and anomalies
- To complete detailed records of actions taken to allow efficient handover to other team members and updating the Knowledge Base
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience with Linux/Unix/Windows operating systems
- Understanding of basic network protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP etc.)
- Acts as a source of technical expertise to others
- Highly organised with consistently strong attention to detail
- Demonstrates adherence to process
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Excellent Time management
- Experience in a TSD/ Technical Support environment
- Experience working within a Customer Support Environment
- Experience working within a 24*7 environment
- Experience working with a Cloud based architecture
- The TSD Agent will be a personable, presentable individual who can demonstrate the technical and personal competencies required to support a varying number of new and emerging technology areas
- You must have an ability to work on your own as well as part of a team and be flexible in your approach to hours of work, as well as be able to work under pressure
- You should be in commuting distance of Cambridge and be able to commit to the working hours above
Hi, I’m Carla (email@example.com) the Resourcing Partner for Connected home. I’m excited to learn about your background and how you can become part of our market leading team in Connected home.
We’re the team behind Hive Active Heating. Set up by British Gas in 2012, we were given a simple mission: to make the connected home a reality for everyone and not just the technophiles amongst us! We’re here to give you more control over their lives and homes and we’re passionate about providing internet enabled technology products that let our customers control and connect with their homes wherever they are. We launched our brand Hive, by British Gas in September 2013 along with our first product Hive Active Heating which lets you control your heating and hot water from your mobile, tablet or laptop. Now, 2 ½ years later, we’re really proud of how far we’ve come. With over 250,000 customers Hive is UK’s No.1 connected home utility, and we continue to go from strength to strength. Last year saw Hive win a number of consumer & trade awards including being named the technology Champion of the year at the prestigious Appsters.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing 'Update required: Technical Service Desk Agent R9911813 ' in the subject title
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com