Sr. Security Operations Engineer
Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
The Senior Security Operations Engineer will function as an Operations and Cyber Security Threat Analyst, joining a team that will provide Cyber domain expertise and technical leadership in operational security programs for Direct Energy’s various lines of business. The role will lead Cyber Security implementation programs, including specification, coordination and/or oversight of managed security services, provide insight into industry relevant Cyber threats, mitigation, and remediation techniques. Perform gap analysis of Direct Energy’s security posture, create detailed Cyber Security documentation, including strategies, road maps, technical recommendations, and develop appropriate, defensive strategies for network and infrastructure. The Senior Security Operations Engineer position will also be expected to collaborate across other industries for best practices, lessons learned, and other valuable technical indicators.
- Candidate must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidate willing to submit to a background check and drug screening.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Candidate must have 7-10 years of work experience in various IT Security Operations roles.
- College degree BS preferred in Engineering or Computer Science.
- IT Security certifications are a plus (CISSP, CISM, etc.) but not required.
- Provide mentorship to junior Security Operations personnel.
- Ability to operate professionally, effectively and ethically as an individual contributor and member of a team.
- Assist Sr. Manager of Information Security in security strategy and direction for DE, and implementation of DE information security initiatives
- Assist with the deployment of the Global Security Operations Center
- Identify, develop, and implement mechanisms to detect security incidents.
- Assist with responding to major security incidents and conducting root cause analysis.
- Evaluate complex business IT needs, requirements, and projects scopes, with a focus on information security requirements.
- Experience in penetration testing, red teaming, and white hat evaluation of IT systems and applications
- Evaluate new and emerging security products and technologies.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to security designs/configurations, processes, and requirements.
- Provide oversight system maintenance and tuning.
- Builds security reporting and dashboard per requirements.
- Analyze the current enterprise information security infrastructure and identify areas of potential risks.
- Develop thorough understanding of IT Security Governance policies, procedures, and processes.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text