Senior Sales Support Specialist
Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
Sr. Sales Coordinator – Solutions Structuring, is a critical member of the Sales team for Centrica DE&P. Reporting into the Solutions Sales Manager (and with a dotted line to the Commercial Manager – Structured Solutions), this role is expected to work broadly and collaboratively across the team to achieve a timely and accurate pre-sales experience for distributed energy solutions for large energy users.
- Solutions may include construction, installation, operation and maintenance of distributed energy sources and associated infrastructure such as battery storage, Combined Heat & Power and traditional gensets, solar PV, and other efficiency upgrades.
- Contracting and structuring methods for Solutions may include financing such as in the form on Energy Performance Contracts and long term support such as Energy Services Agreements.
- It is expected that the role will work in close collaboration with our energy supply and wholesale teams to ensure we can offer the customer a truly turn-key energy project approach; including structured energy supply, demand response participation and renewable credit purchasing.
- Bachelor’s degree; preferably in Business Management, Marketing or a related field
- Proven leadership skills including the ability to take initiative, seize responsibility, demonstrate enthusiasm, and work collaboratively
- 4 or more years’ experience and demonstration of consistently strong performance in a sales support position
- Knowledge of the sales cycle and comfort to operate in a complex sales environment
- Ability to support complex products and structured deals
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills required
- Strong attention to detail and deadline orientation
- Strong user capability with Microsoft Office products, in addition to CRM systems
- Knowledge of demand response products, retail energy commodity products preferred
- Knowledge of utility rules and requirements for retail energy suppliers preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with a commitment to delivering superior customer service
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast paced entrepreneurial team environment
- Resourcefulness and ability to work with limited supervision
Sr. Sales Coordinator – Solutions Structuring role ensures that proposals and proposition materials are tailored and sent to Solutions prospects in a professional manner. The role collects, researches and verifies account and energy information in order to help the Commercial team accurately price and generate Solutions proposals and contracts. This position is responsible for ensuring contracts are formed and finalized in a timely fashion, and all deal and project required documents are complete.
- Act as a knowledgeable liaison between the sales originators, customers, commercial teams and engineer / operations departments to resolve customer pre-Sales issues
- Collect and coordinate responses to RFP and other associated leads and requests for information
- Create and coordinate proposal and contract documents for potential Solutions customers
- Collect and verify Power and Natural Gas usage, demand and other information
- Collect project relevant materials, including blueprints, project designs and specifications
- Produce ad-hoc customer reports, presentations and proposals in the pre-sale process
- Initiate and coordinate accurate and timely internal and external paperwork for projects, including registrations, filings and other required documents
- Provide expertise in the use of CRM and pricing systems
- Adjudicate and approve credit for small customers via utility invoice review and internal pay history review, initiate and track credit approval for larger customers via internal stakeholders
- Maintain knowledge on commodity and Solutions products, contract terms and conditions, DE risk policy and internal processes.
- Remain current on competitive and market conditions. Provide input on market activities to the appropriate marketing and management personnel
- Represent DE at customer/broker/industry events.
The senior sales Coordinator may, from time to time, serve as a back-up to the Solution Sales originators when they are unavailable or need help managing their book of business, including generating and communicating pricing and contracts for customers and third party sales channels. As an extension of the sales team, the senior Sales Coordinator may work with customers regularly to prepare and execute pre-Sales communications and documents.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text