Manager - Innovation
Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
The Program Delivery Manager is responsible for ensuring that products and infrastructure are developed efficiently, by working with requestors, managers, developers, and shared service corporate departments. The Project Delivery Manager must maintain close communication with stakeholders throughout the development lifecycle to ensure that expectations are set appropriately and projects/products are delivered on time and provide a high quality of customer experience while meeting the original business goals.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results, prioritize activities, and to manage time effectively.
- High level of initiative and ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Self-motivated, confident individual who enjoys working as part of a team and drive projects to completion.
- 4+ years’ experience managing and delivering projects/products in a corporate environment.
- Works effectively in a changing environment and under stress.
- Innovative thinker/Creative problem solver.
- Highly skilled at working in matrixed environments, leading through influence, and collaborating across teams.
- An individual who has demonstrated they are an agent of change with an adaptable mindset, and who thrives in the evolution of ideas.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to use these skills effectively in a multifunctional/country environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience with agile methodology in addition to traditional waterfall development.
- Expert proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio.
- Customer journeys.
- Strong negotiation, leadership, and written and verbal communication skills, and experience working in a collaborative team environment.
- International and domestic travel may be required.
- Own the program/project/product delivery process, evolving it as necessary to meet the needs of an agile, high throughput organization.
- The Program Manager will meet with the various customer representatives on a regular basis. Communicate and negotiate product, timing and commercial deliverable.
- Accountable for the execution of established project delivery processes and methodologies to ensure delivery of project scope on time and within budget while meeting or exceeding quality standards and customer expectations.
- Accountable for plans and teamwork assignments, managing work efforts and resourcing, reviewing integrated project plans, and ensuring completion of quality reviews.
- Develops a keen understanding of products in development to identify Risks, Assumptions, Issues and Dependencies (RAID) and assist team in driving successful products on time.
- Serves as a mentor to delivery managers and delivery analysts to educate and assist them with implementing project delivery processes and making improvement/changes.
- Create and maintain program level delivery timelines and own communication to internal and external stakeholders about milestones and progress.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with colleagues, supervisors/managers, and various departmental and organizational personnel.
- Ability to successfully establish and maintain periodic external contact relationships with vendors and customers.
- Identifies appropriate resources.
- Supervise and prepare engagement and/or client financial management reporting (pricing analysis, budget preparation, time and expense tracking, budget reconciliation and variance analysis, billing and receivable collection, financial performance forecasting)
- Establish controls and ensure the quality and integrity of program financial records and status reporting.
- Other duties as assigned
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability