Commercial Modeling Analyst, North America, Distributed Energy & Power
Centrica plc (LSE:CNA) is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
Centrica’s new international Distributed Energy & Power (DE&P) business has been established to deliver distributed energy solutions for large energy users as part of a more flexible energy landscape.
We expect to invest £700 million (~$1 billion) into the DE&P business by 2020
- Degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Finance, Economics, or Business strongly preferred
- Five or more years industry related experience required
- Industry experience – including but not limited to – energy, renewables, technology, insurance, banking, and consultancy, would be desirable
- Knowledge of North American natural gas and power markets strongly preferred
- Sound understanding of both commodity and non-commodity based energy products strongly preferred
- Highly developed quantitative skills
- Excellent working knowledge of database design and languages
- Strong financial and business analysis skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, the ability to: manage multiple priorities, work under pressure and meet deadlines, work effectively with cross-functional teams, solve problems and make quick decisions
- Financial reasoning and commercial analytical skills; ability to distill numerical complexity into sound commercial plans and processes. Convey options and decisions to non-finance / non-commercial partners
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
***This role can be based in either Iselin, NJ or Pittsburgh, PA***
The Commercial Modeling Analyst is a member of the North American Distributed Energy Commercial team, whose central capability is to allow DE&P to offer bespoke distributed energy solutions to large energy users. Reporting directly to the Manager of Commercial Modeling, this role is expected to work collaboratively across the Centrica organization to assist in the development of our modeling capabilities to support a wide-range of products and solutions we offer to our customers.
This role is responsible for modelling and forecasting energy savings associated with distributed energy solutions projects, as well as assisting in developing and improving our processes and analytics tools. This includes standing up our ability to provide economic impact analysis our projects have on customers’ utility based transmission and distribution rates, as well as identifying applicable rebates and incentive opportunities.
Model development for new technologies that demonstrates our value proposition to our customers, quantifying financial risks and benefits associated with changes to energy consumption and peak demand management, is another key focus of this position. In addition, the Commercial Modeling Analysis is a valuable resource to the whole organization for modeling expertise to assist in review and optimization support for a wide-range of existing models.
- Develop and maintain modeling and database capabilities for both utility T&D rates, as well as rebate and incentive programs
- Understand utility tariff impacts associated with project solutions
- Analysis and forecast of impacts and befits associated with changes in energy demand and consumption
- Work with members of the North American Distributed Energy teams to support commercial development opportunities
- Support on-going model development and optimization, including Assist in related initiatives to improve our modeling and analytical capabilities
- Process development and improvements to ensure scalability success.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability