Job DescriptionWe’re Direct Energy (DE) Solar—the leading residential solar specialist in the
country; a believer of change, technology, and goodwill; an enthusiast for
renewable energy and a greener planet. DE Solar was built to enhance
sustainability, reduce the carbon footprint, and lower the reliance on fossil
six years we’ve grown to 350 employees and completed more than 3,000
installations across 12 states. With rapid growth and expansion slated for 2016,
a career at DE Solar offers immense opportunities for you to make a tremendous
the installation crews, who are responsible for installing residential solar
photovoltaic (PV) systems. The Solar Installer and team members are responsible
for precise and timely updates regarding current solar installation projects,
while employing best installation and safety
- Passionate. You have a high level
of energy, motivation, drive, enthusiasm, initiative, commitment and
professionalism. You don't get overwhelmed easily. You are extremely keen to
learn more about everything from others.
- Driven. You are looking to join a
team that is passionate, engaging, and energetic about solar energy, Mother
Nature, and working outside. You understand what it takes to get the job done;
you are a ninja when it comes to grinding away at issues and finding a
- Flexible. You're willing to help out wherever needed and wear numerous
hats in doing so. You are versatile enough to be an exceptional team player as
well as an effective individual contributor.
- Fun. You're a charismatic,
gregarious individual who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, courageous, and
enthusiastic about making the world a cleaner place for
- Install, maintain, and repair the
racking, panels, and stand offs for photovoltaic solar
- Install, maintain, and repair the mechanical/structural mounting of
racking and modules.
- Properly flashing all roof
- String configurations for solar arrays.
- Organize and maintain system
components in warehouses, company trucks, and at job
- Document completion of completed
- Clean up of job site.
- Attend mandatory training sessions on new products,
installation methodology and safety.
- Have the rare opportunity to help
save the planet.
- 1+ year of experience working on
roofs (you must love heights).
- 3+ years of construction experience, with residential
- Gumption & Grit - You have no problem getting
your hands dirty and doing the gritty work that comes along with the heavy
- Physical mobility of upper and lower
- Ability to work in various positions, including, but not limited to,
stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended
periods of time.
- Ability to work in extreme environments (example:
heat, snow, rain, wind, etc).
- Willingness and capability to climb ladders, stairs,
and work on rooftops.
- Ability to lift, pull, and push materials and
equipment to complete assigned job tasks.
- Capability to lift 50 lbs of
weight frequently throughout assigned workday.
- Superb customer service skills - a
high level of professionalism and a positive demeanor is a MUST. Excellent
written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid state driver’s
- Pristine driving record (for example - no DUI within the last 5
- Successfully pass a pre-employment criminal background check, national
driving record check, and drug screen.
- Previous experience installing
photovoltaic systems preferred.
- North American Board of Certified Energy
Practitioners (NABCEP) certification preferred.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability