MK2017 Commercial Marketing Graduate Programme
How do you ensure British Gas delivers what our customers need? What should our message be to customers in homes and businesses throughout Britain? To be the leading energy company in our chosen markets, we must deliver great products, service and value for our customers. We must optimise our communication channels so that we can maximise our brand’s value and grow the business.
The customer is at the heart of British Gas and core to everything that we do. By delivering the right product propositions through the right communication channels, British Gas can drive profitable growth by doing the right thing for our customers. With so much change impacting the energy sector, this is an extremely dynamic market and an exciting time to join the team.
In the Commercial Marketing Graduate Programme, you will work across various teams in a series of placements in British Gas to help market our products and brands. Placements will give you the opportunity to learn important commercial marketing skills develop project plans, develop strategies or manage content. You could spend time within various teams such as:
• Brand: help to develop and embed our brand strategy, internally and externally
• Product Development: you could be taking the customer insight to develop and innovate both our product range and service offerings
• Customer Marketing (acquisition, retention, customer journeys): you could be involved in shaping our loyalty programs or delivering best in class communications to our customers and prospects
• Advertising: you could be involved in developing TV, radio and press material to convey the right message to the customer and differentiate our brand
• Sales: working across our face to face, digital or outbound channels to deliver a best in class service for new customers to British Gas and other partnership brands.
• Commercial: You might join a commercial marketing team, developing customer focussed strategies to grow the business
To continue to stand out as an organisation we need the highest-calibre marketing professionals driving our approach. If you have the potential to meet these standards, the Graduate Programme will develop this and give you the experience and knowledge that you need to help deliver successful, industry-leading communications from a top 30 FTSE 100 company.
You'll start in a frontline customer-facing role in one of our contact centres. You’ll take on the role of customer service agent for about 2-3 months, learning the importance of delivering excellent service. You’ll quickly appreciate that our customers are at the heart of everything we do and that the skills you learn will be the building blocks for your career at British Gas.
Placement 2,3 & 4
Developing into a business professional:
With frontline experience under your belt you’ll continue your programme in working in commercial marketing roles. Throughout the programme, you'll be working on real, business critical projects across our business.
Adapting to change is fundamental to doing well in your placements.
Leadership and business management play a significant part of the programme. From your experience, you will begin to understand where your strengths and weaknesses lie and start to apply the skills you’ve developed across various high-level projects, continuing to enhance your commercial and business awareness. We’ll provide the support and encouragement you need to meet your individual goals because we want you to develop quickly, the rest is up to you.
What we look for
In order to apply for this stream you must already have, or be expecting to achieve a minimum 2:1 undergraduate degree, or a 2:2 with a post graduate degree in any discipline.
The advertised closing date for this position is 4th January 2017, however we would encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible as should all vacancies be filled before this date, the position may close earlier than expected.
For queries or further information please contact email@example.com