Building Automation Technician 2 (Junior)
Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com and www.AirtronCanada.com.
Airtron Canada is seeking Junior Building Automation Technicians to support growth in our Operations group (new installations) in the Ottawa office. The BAS Technician will provide field technical support as required for the BAS group in the Ottawa (Eastern Ontario) area.
This position reports to the Project Manager. As a member of the operation team, you will receive guidance and mentoring from Intermediate and Senior Automation Technicians in order to deliver complete turnkey BAS Systems for our valued clients. You may also assist in routine and minor contract service of equipment /systems installed in our customer’s facility.
You shall have a customer focus attitude, be motivated to learn and be a team player.
Demonstrated ability to:
- Use technical knowledge and experience to conduct check-out, verification and calibration and preventative maintenance of Building Automation Systems and its BAS Field components
- Conduct Start-up, final point check-out and programming of controllers to accomplish HVAC sequences.
- Perform graphical interface and field level programming to accomplish minor HVAC Sequence of Operations
- Keep supervisor and/or senior technicians apprise of job progress and all pertinent facts concerning the job while recording information to update drawings and records of completed tasks.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Program Suite and computer based BAS programming, such as Visio is a definite requirement.
- Work under pressure in a service minded industry being professional and courteous towards customers and fellow workers.
- Excellent communication and written skills. Bilingualism (English and French) is a definite asset.
- Medium Physical duties, the ability to stand for long periods of time in a construction environment, the ability to climb ladders and work from heights (with fall arrest protection provided)
- Must display strong communication skills and technical competence.
- Must sign the Company Code of Ethics and agree to being videotaped for training and compliance purposes at least six (6) times per year.
Experience and Education
- Mechanical, Electronics or Instrumentation Technician or Technologist Diploma.
- 1-2 years of BAS, building automation experience.
- Knowledge of Tridium Niagara, Schneider Electric, Andover, Siemens systems or other BAS systems is a definite asset.
- The Candidate must have a valid and clean Driver’s license and record. Is prepared to work out of town from time to time. Remuneration and Benefits
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability