Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
We’re Direct Energy (DE) Solar— a leading residential solar specialist in the country; a believer of change, technology, and goodwill; an enthusiast for renewable energy and a greener planet.
DE Solar was built to enhance sustainability, reduce the carbon footprint, and lower the reliance on fossil fuels. With continued growth slated for 2016, and beyond, a career at DE Solar offers immense opportunities for you to make a tremendous impact.
The Salesforce Administrator has support responsibilities within each phase of the project life cycle including process analysis, user meetings, requirements development and review, development, testing, implementation, and go-live. The Salesforce Administrator provides outstanding client service and contributes to the organization's mission of utilizing information technology to improve both internal corporate applications and our customers’ experience.
This position will involve working as part of a cross-functional team to implement and support vendor applications and custom software development, including Salesforce database administration, analysis of issues, data management and validation, user and profile management, writing specifications and documentation, troubleshooting, issue tracking, quality assurance, test design and execution, report development and dashboard creation, and user acceptability testing.
Technical and data analysis skills are required, as well as the ability to work with users, customers, vendors, managers, and technical staff. Position will also provide ongoing quality assurance support in a rapidly changing environment driven by technical requirements and business needs, and analysis and trouble-shooting of both data and user issues.
• B.A./B.S required (Business, Computer Science, IT, or related area).
• 3+ years of Business Experience preferred. • Salesforce Certified Administrator (201)
• Salesforce Certified Advanced Administrator Preferred (211)
- Required to be located in the Columbia, MD HQ office on a daily basis
• Excellent time management, organization, and oral and written communication skills
• Detail oriented with a proven process oriented mindset
• Able to complete highly detailed, complex and expansive Salesforce administration tasks including user and profile administration, reporting and dashboards, ETL, data cleansing, workflows, object and field creation, and basic application creation.
• A self-starter, fast learner, a strong individual contributor and team player
• With strong technology skills and understanding, with the ability to work effectively with managers, users, and technical staff, and be pro-active in problem resolution.
• Good at understanding of Systems Analysis and QA methodologies, procedures, and documentation.
• Familiar with or willing to learn Agile Methodology.
• Experienced in independently designing, planning, executing and reporting on requirements-driven testing and solution design.
• Able to communicate to technical and business users, vendors, and developers.
• Able to balance multiple complex projects in a fast paced environment both independently or as part of a team.
• Proficient in documentation, particularly business requirements, test plans, user stories, and use cases
• Knowledgeable of Solar Industry/Residential Solar a plus
• Knowledgeable of Jira and Git a plus
• Expert user of Microsoft Office including Excel and Visio with Business Intelligence toolset experience a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintains and Administers the Salesforce database environment to ensure proper controls and permissions are in place, and data quality is paramount at all times.
• Performs ETL and Data Management and Cleansing operations to support development team, business analysts, and end users
• Builds reports and dashboards and maintains a solid information architecture within the database across all applications.
• Provides system reference by writing documentation.
• Maintains data dictionary by revising and entering definitions.
• Maintains, updates, and verifies all user access and permissions.
• Coordinates work and timelines for other members of the team for the successful completion of the project.
• Maintains Source Code Repository and manages changes and deployments.
• Creates Changesets, Tests Deployments, and Deploys solutions from development environment to stage environment to production environment.
• Communicates with key stakeholders to obtain guidance for creating test strategy, test plan and test cases
• Collaborates with business users, business analysts, and development team to perform requirements gathering
• Creates data flow diagrams, entity relationship diagrams, data modeling, system architecture diagrams, technical and end-user documentation, and data analysis and reporting.
• Review and analyze design documents for testability
• Develop test suites, scenarios, and cases.
• Assist developers and business users in gathering, loading, and validating test data and understanding use cases, business requirements, and testing plans.
• Assist in the preparation of project plans and schedules for projects.
• Communicate regularly with IT leadership in order to ensure the delivery of high quality service both within and outside the department.
• Analyze and create test strategy, test plan and test cases to perform unit and integration testing that verifies development results and data quality.
• Manage and Perform Basic and Advanced Administration Tasks in Applications to support development and on-going use of business applications.
• Analyze, manage, monitor, and document/report on defect tracking for assigned projects
• Perform complete functional, integration, and regression testing of software solutions
• Other tasks as needed
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text