DE1373 Building Automation Technician - Intermediate
Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com and www.AirtronCanada.com
Airtron Canada is seeking Intermediate Building Automation Technician (BAS Tech 3) to support growth in our Operations group (new installations) in the Ottawa office. The BAS Technician 3 will provide field technical support as required for the BAS group in the Ottawa (Eastern Ontario) area.
This position reports to the Project Manager. As a member of the operation team, you will work together to deliver complete turnkey BAS Systems for our valued clients. You may also assist in routine and emergency service of equipment /systems installed in our customer’s facility.
You shall have a customer focus attitude, be motivated to learn and be a team player.
- Demonstrates good Health & Safety practices, attends and participates in safety talks.
- Regular supervision provided by Senior BAS Tech (4), or by the Project Manager and provides mentoring of BAS Tech (2).
- Follows Airtron Canada standard practices in the delivery of BAS projects.
- Develop teamwork approach yet work autonomously in a productive and efficient manner.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, or coordinates In-depth repairs of building-automation-system using software, multi-meters and other diagnostic tools.
- Ability to generate graphics and programs based on design documents.
- Develop advanced knowledge of Schneider Electric engineering and programing tools.
- Competency in Networking TCP/IP, MSTP protocols, within, LON, and BACnet applications. Extensive knowledge of integration of Lon / BACNet Network Controllers with Schneider software (WPT, WPP, Workbench…) and able to integrate with other vendors.
- Accepts responsibility for assigned tasks and completing them on time.
- Has an expanded customer facing role, always representing the company in a professional manner, and with the customer’s needs in mind.
- Has a functional understanding of the project scope, progress and , reports any project deficiencies, issues to the Senior BAS Tech or to the PM.
- Shows willingness and ability to take on lead tech role for smaller sized projects.
- Able to coordinate work with internal/external electrical and pneumatic reps and / or Mechanical/Electrical trades.
- Takes on project commissioning documentation role, for as built purposes.
- Assists with sales estimations and project extra costing exercises.
- Assists in customer training.
Experience and Education
Mechanical, Electronics or Instrumentation Technician or Technologist Diploma.
3-7 years of BAS, building automation experience.
Knowledge of Tridium Niagara, Schneider Electric, Andover, Siemens systems or other BAS systems is a definite asset.
Valid Driver’s license and the ability to be insured by Airtron Canada.
Pass security screening as required by Airtron Canada’s clients
Medium physical duties, the ability to stand for long periods of time in a construction environment, the ability to climb ladders and work from heights (with fall arrest protection provided).
Company vehicle or Car Allowance provided
<div style="color: #ffffff">#LI-POST</div>