Regional Service Coordinator
Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
The Regional Service Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating demand service calls as well as scheduled maintenances on a daily/weekly/monthly basis. The successful applicant will be able to consecutively monitor and support dispatched calls to the appropriate service technician with the right skillset in the right geographical location.
- Monitor daily workload of all service requests to ensure the technicians have the appropriate level of work assigned to them for completion/resolution
- Responsible for promoting and adhering to Airtron’s high standards of safety to employees and subcontractors
- Responsible for forwarding recommendations to quoting team, following up as required and once approved, are done in timely manner (within 7-10 days)
- Ensure maintenances are done within 45 days from the month they are created
- Daily management and monitoring of all work in progress (WIP) and ensuring it does not exceed 60 days (open dockets)
- Responsible for providing follow up and supportive documentation for preventative maintenances and services as completed by the field technicians, including the monitoring the timely completion of all dispatched work
- Responsible to ensure all relevant special safety, customer procedures, and site specific information is on work orders provided to Service Technician
- Responsible for maintenance contract generation, coordination of field staff, and tracking in an effort to complete on time and on plan
- Responsible for creating purchase orders for sub-contractor work orders; materials; and equipment, and then for maintenance/service/quotes
- Responsible for working with administration and billing to correct technician issues – overages/ missing material/ etc.
- Assist in providing Service Technicians with purchase order numbers; and enter purchase order detail.
- Assist in pricing of detailed recommendations generated by maintenance
- Generate purchase order numbers for technicians, ensuring that job numbers are assigned to proper truck stock orders
- Assist co-workers with day to day operations and set up for following day’s schedule, prior to leaving the office. In addition, ensure familiarity with departmental routines to provide effective backup when required
- Facilitate effective & productive communication with other team members, sub-contractors staff and other employees
- Service and customer orientated – Actively looking to help people
- Ability to organize information & schedules in a structured and logical way that is most productive for the technicians and customer’s
- Ability to communicate clearly and set expectations with internal and external personnel
- Written communication is also imperative and the ability to document information and instructions so others understand the course of action taken/required
- Ability to identify problems proactively and take action
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Monitoring/Assessing performance of your team to make improvements or take corrective action
- Time Management skills and understanding what is required to complete/resolve various service and maintenance activities
- Ability to maintain composure under stressful situations
- Active Listening – giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to clarify and understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate
- Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Attention to Detail – Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Self-Control – Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations
- Initiative – Job requires developing one’s own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done
- Persistence – Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles
- Customer and Personal Service – Knowledge of principles for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Administration and Management – Knowledge of business and management principles involved in resource allocation and coordination of people and resources
College Diploma or University degree
3-5+ years dispatch experience preferably in the HVAC/Building Automation industry but general service industry is acceptable. Actual hands on HVAC or Building Automation experience is also ideal
Bilingualism is an asset
Direct Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability